¿It was a Lucid Dream? ¿Help?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Joey Lamartine

¿It was a Lucid Dream? ¿Help?

Postby Joey Lamartine » 07 Sep 2013 23:19

Today i dreamed that i was in a room, dreaming. in that dream of the dream, i knew that i was dreaming, it became lucid. but everytime i "woke up" in that room, i thought it was reality. the dream wasn't just a false awakening, because the dream began me in that room trying to get the dream.

it's very confusing. :?
So... it was a lucid dream?

:arrow: Sorry if i have orthographical or grammar errors, english isn't my native language, thanks. :P

HAGART

Re: ¿It was a Lucid Dream? ¿Help?

Postby HAGART » 08 Sep 2013 03:12

In a way, yes.

I too have had 'False Awakenings' like that where I wake up in a bed and realize it is not my bed. Sometimes, I don't get out of bed, but I lay there and try to go to sleep again. Or I just lay there and look around from my bed and notice something is odd and realize I am dreaming and get up and walk away.

If it happens again. Get up and walk around, or relax and let your body do it's thing. You may experience some strange sensations, but will get use to them over time. Some of my best lucid dreams start that way.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Re: ¿It was a Lucid Dream? ¿Help?

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Sep 2013 21:48

but everytime i "woke up" in that room, i thought it was reality. the dream wasn't just a false awakening,

A lucid dream is a dream in which one truely realises they are dreaming eg some waking consciousness enters the dream so one actually knows (not just dreams) one is having a LD. As it is possible to dream anything at all, it is possible to dream one is dreaming and not in fact truely be lucid.

I think it would be quite possible to be lucid and be after becoming lucid then fooled into thinking a FA was real (this is where reality testing can come in handy). I dont know none of us can say if you were truely lucid or just dreaming you were lucid or not, only you yourself could know if you were really aware you were dreaming or dreaming you were dreaming.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”