Psychedelics and Lucidity

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
The Beach Boy

Re: Psychedelics and Lucidity

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 00:00

Psychedelics and lucidity... hmmmm what is better? In my experience, psychedelics are a great tool for expanding your consciousness in the waking state but it would seem as of recently that I get much more from searching for the same sense of awareness by utilizing my lucid dreams. I do however believe that both could be used in a perfect combination to achieve something really beautiful but it is true that it is much safer to just use lucid dreaming. There are no bad trips in lucid dreaming. At least there are no bad trips that could cause you to go insane in waking reality that is.

I know it's a touchy subject to discuss drugs but let me just say this, if you are a kid reading this do not EVER try psychedelic drugs or any drugs for that matter. No one under 21 should ever be experimenting with mind altering drugs because it can change the way your brain develops during that very sensitive time. When I discuss these psychedelics I am not talking about a fun way to get "high" or "loaded." I am talking about a responsible utilization of these natural chemicals for a spiritual purpose.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Oct 2013 06:14

From what I have read, the psychoactive substance that most closely resembles a lucid dream is DMT, a very simple molecule which exists naturally in many plants. It leaves your senses completely intact while completely replacing your reality frame.

Dr. Rick Strassman wrote a book called "DMT, the Spirit Molecule" where he did research by dosing a group of volunteers under controlled conditions and recording their experiences (trips).

His theory is that DMT is actually produced in humans and other mammals in the Pineal Gland and it may be released during dreams, alien abductions, NDEs and other paranormal experiences. If this is true, we can and do trip naturally. A lot of people had written off his theory and even called him a quack, but just this year DMT was discovered in the Pineal Glands of rats so maybe he is right after all.

Not advocating trying DMT or any psychoactive substance of course, but it is very interesting reading, especially for lucid dreamers. I mostly enjoyed reading the trip reports. Many of the experiences had interesting similarities. They sound like lucid dreams on steroids at warp speed.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 07:12

Great post man! Very informative! I have actually heard of this book and have heard even more about DMT itself. I personally have never tried it but I am aware it is naturally occurring in most all living things. When I get older and am in a really good place in life I probably will try DMT to see what it brings out in me. Although, I feel by the time i'd be ready to do it i'd already have discovered what I was looking for through lucid dreaming.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Oct 2013 08:06

The Beach Boy wrote: When I get older and am in a really good place in life I probably will try DMT to see what it brings out in me. Although, I feel by the time i'd be ready to do it i'd already have discovered what I was looking for through lucid dreaming.

You won't need DMT. Trust me, there is nothing higher than a good lucid dream, no trip that can compete. Anyone who doesn't think so hasn't had the real deal. Lucid Dreaming is the ultimate "trip". As real as it gets, real to the touch, only it's a complete other world. The only way you can improve on a lucid dream is with a better lucid dream.

Develop it to it's potential and there will be no doubt. At it's best, it is a perfect alternative reality that does not impair the senses and has no side effects. It can be stopped instantly any time you want. Yes, it's a skill that has to be developed and no instant gratification like a drug. But you get out what you put in. For many, drugs are the beginning of altering consciousness, but lucid dreaming is the end.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 10:25

Well, as someone who has heavily abused psychedelic and dissociative drugs in the past few years, I am so happy to have found this new way to "trip" that is much easier on my senses. Could you give me some tips on how to start experiencing these lucid dreams that you say are the best trip you could have? I understand it's not an overnight process but I already have great dream recall and can lucid dream almost every week so I am starting off pretty well. I am really intrigued by what you have to say!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Oct 2013 15:12

The first thing I recommend is general health things, eating right, sleeping enough, low alcohol use, no drugs, work on keeping stress low, etc. Developing peace of mind, I have quite a bit of that and it helps. Also things like meditation, relaxation exercises are good.

I think if you practice noticing the details in waking life, you will find them in dream too. I work on being a good observer in waking life and my dreams are very detailed and super-real.

Use the lucid dreaming technique that works best for you and practice, practice, practice. Be patient. Don't expect any lucid dreams before 5 hours of sleep, 5-7 hours is the best time for most people.

That's about it. Good luck and happy tripping!

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 21:07

Yes, since I discovered lucid dreaming I have kept my drug use to an absolute minimum in the sense that I almost never use anything. I quit alcohol over a year ago due to having really bad alcoholic tendencies and since then i've really only off and on used marijuana but now I even try not to use that at all for the sake of having dreams every night. I will definitely remember to notice details in my waking life, that does make a lot of sense. Thank you!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”