Ask The Experts - Daniel Love and Rebecca Turner

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Rebecca
Site Admin

Ask The Experts - Daniel Love and Rebecca Turner

Postby Rebecca » 10 Oct 2013 17:21

Hi everyone

Daniel Love and I are putting together a new feature for the World of Lucid Dreaming website called "Ask The Experts".

Readers are invited to post their lucid dreaming related questions in this thread and we will answer them on a first-come-first-serve basis, as candidly as possible, in the feature which will be published on the main website. We feel it would be good to provide two different opinions, from both a male and female perspective, from differing backgrounds in lucidity.

Please phrase your questions as clearly as possible for the best chance of publication, as we will have to eliminate any which are unclear, not phrased as a question, or prohibitively long in nature. We will use your forum name to identify you in the feature, or a real name is preferred if you choose to leave it in your post.

Thanks for your contribution!
Rebecca

PS - To learn more about Daniel Love and his background see our interview at: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/daniel-love-interview.html

PPS - For links to all the Ask The Experts features so far visit:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/ask-the-experts.html

Caspi

Re: Ask The Experts - Daniel Love and Rebecca Turner

Postby Caspi » 10 Oct 2013 18:16

"We can only dream of faces we've seen in the past, whether we actively remember them or not. The brain cannot invent these."

do you agree with this quote?
My first LD was I think when I was a child, about 11 years old, i was in a strange mountain, full of small black rocks, I knew that it was a dream, so i rolled over and over to the end of it :P.

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 13 Oct 2013 13:21

I have ADD, meaning I cant concentrate long. This really is a huge problem considering my Lucid Dreams. I've been at it for almost 2 years now and had only as little as 8 succesful ones :?

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Oct 2013 00:51

you have had 8 so it is possible, now think really hard and start to make them probable.

Thinking in probabilities is abstract and should suit your attention span and be easy. You need to use your strengths
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Oct 2013 19:13

I am fascinated with dream characters.
I have met a bunch and some of them are self aware. They think and act on their own regardless and despite my own awareness of who I am, and that I am dreaming. I can ask questions and interact with them and they respond like real people and I don't 'put words in their mouths' and they seem like self aware, thinking beings.

I wonder what both of your take on it is, and any theories why or how that happens.

It's not the most concise question and the answer can take up a whole book! :lol:
But I am curious about it and if you want to use my real name it is Michael Scannell.

My official question is:
Why do some people you meet in lucid dreams have a self awareness separate from your own?
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

blackdragon

Postby blackdragon » 15 Oct 2013 00:50

My question would be: What is the longest time in lucid possible (in real time) and are there many people suffering from too much lucid dreams? What could cause it?

Because I'm one of them, and read about only one other so far. I have seen lucid dreams for about 3-4 years almost every night, and when the dream start I sometimes end up sleeping like 16-20 hours(which of like 8 hours of normal sleep first) and feeling very exhausted and out of this world when I wake up. Sometimes I'm covered in sweat too. I never studied any information consciously, my lucid dreams began when I had sleep paralyses and learned to control them by myself. Nowadays I usually wake up during the night (3-4 o' clock), and when go back to sleep the lucid dream starts immediately and lasts until I get rid of it. I'm able to wake up myself if I want to, but usually the dreams are just way too nice (though also burdensome) so I sleep way too much and get the feeling not getting any real sleep and it affects my life.

(I'm sorry for the long text. I'm not been able to find any information about this issue.)

zubana

Postby zubana » 15 Oct 2013 13:28

Hello, I've been having these dreams where I'm aware of everything around me as if I woke up but I can't move. I feel like I'm trapped in my own body, can't do anything about it and I fell very,very scared. I can't be woken up while this is happening (my dad tried to wake me once because my phone was ringing but he couldn't and I saw all that happening). I have no control over when this occurs nor when to wake up. Is this lucid dreaming or something else? Please help,thank you

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 16 Oct 2013 16:11

Did you ever heal yourself or others using lucid dreaming? If so, how was it?

gvlego

Postby gvlego » 16 Oct 2013 21:34

Do mental disorders or differences (example: Asperger's Syndrome) affect the ability to dream and how?
Lucid Dreams:0
Recorded Dreams:0
Vague Dreams:3-5
Déjà-Vu Dreams:30+

radicaldreamer

Postby radicaldreamer » 20 Oct 2013 12:23

Caspi wrote:"We can only dream of faces we've seen in the past, whether we actively remember them or not. The brain cannot invent these."

do you agree with this quote?

No. I met my friend's mom's friend's fiance in a dream, a few years before any of us ever met her in real life. I remember the dream clearly: It was in a dimly lit version of my friend's old apartment at a small round table they had, she was wearing a green plaid long-sleeved thick shirt and jeans, sitting in a chair with her left shoulder facing me, and she introduced herself as "John's friend".

Eventually a few years later after they had moved to a neighboring city, (that I had never been to before they moved), John met her while walking his dog and they stayed together for a long time until she died in a car wreck. :-( When I first met her in real life I thought "whoa hey this is that lady!".

Something that upsets me about the original dream, is that she was wearing similar clothes, sitting in the same direction and had a similar air about her, when she told me goodbye the night she left on her journey that ended in the car wreck.

So unless time wraps around from the start to the end and loops, I don't agree with the idea that we can only dream of faces we've seen in the past.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”