Has anyone else removed their head in a dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Has anyone else removed their head in a dream?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Nov 2013 02:20

I took my head off during a vivid, non-lucid dream last night. It was a very interesting experience to say the least.

Holding the head in my hands, I looked at the facial expression and the eyes for a while. While looking into the eyes, I remember thinking, "Hey wait a minute, those are my eyes, so how can I be looking at them if they are still on my detached head?" That was bizarre. Then I flipped it over to look at the bottom. There was a hole in the center, you could see where it attached. Then thinking to myself that if I didn't want to live any more, just don't put it back on! But suddenly I got worried that it was off for too long so put it back on. Very weird experience.

It was the first time for me and not something you would normally do in a dream. Was wondering if anyone has done this and if so, what was it like?
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Re: Has anyone else removed their head in a dream?

Postby HAGART » 13 Nov 2013 05:59

Not my head, but my genitals have come off in a few non-lucids. :oops: Freud would have a field day interpreting that! :lol:

Now, if your head comes off and you examine it, I don't know what that would mean.

It would be an amazing lucid dream goal. I should build up the courage and skill to remove my own head on purpose in a lucid dream and look at it. :shock:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Has anyone else removed their head in a dream?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Nov 2013 07:44

HAGART wrote:Not my head, but my genitals have come off in a few non-lucids. :oops: Freud would have a field day interpreting that! :lol:

Now, if your head comes off and you examine it, I don't know what that would mean.

It would be an amazing lucid dream goal. I should build up the courage and skill to remove my own head on purpose in a lucid dream and look at it. :shock:

I'm not sure if I took it off myself or it just came off some other way. I was thinking of offering it as a "dream challenge" but that wouldn't be fair since I've already done it and probably will never be able to again. If someone posted remove your head as a dream challenge, I would say "forget that."

It should qualify as on OBE because without a head, how can your body be functioning? So there you are, using your eyes to look at your eyes directly. It kind of messed with my "head" (not sure which one).

One thing I did learn: apparently it's O.K. to remove your head and check it out, but leaving it off for too long can result in death. How long is too long? Well, it's best to err on the side of safety :)
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”