The WILD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Goldkoron

The WILD

Postby Goldkoron » 13 Nov 2013 05:40

WILD, (Wake Initiated Lucid Dream) is well known as the holy grail of lucid dreaming. But how easy is it? Over the next couple weeks, I am going try every night to achieve a WILD, and post my findings on techniques in doing it.

If you have done WILDs on a regular basis, or have done it a few times, please share here it and how you did it. IE, what time of day or night you did it, how long it took to do it, etc.
Do a reality check

Highlander

Re: The WILD

Postby Highlander » 13 Nov 2013 11:18

My successfull WILDs happened on Saturday morning (when i have more time to sleep). It happened around 8am. I have made it 3 times. Curiously, it was never my intention to WILD. I never performed it. When this happened i was performing another technique called B-MILD (whic is pretty much MILD but coordinated with breathing). When i was doing this, suddenly the effects that are common to WILD started to appear.
So, for me, performing B-MILD sometimes turns into WILD.

Good luck for you. Hope you achieve it and have great experiences.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Nov 2013 01:33

I have done WILD around 20 times, but recently been making progress on having a higher success rate. It's important to try only after around 5 hours of sleep, otherwise you are most likely wasting your energy. I still consider myself to be new at this, but so far the 2 most important things I've learned are: getting to right mental state and recognizing the state that you need to be in before entering. Trying to enter in the wrong state doesn't work, no matter how much energy you put into it. I've learned this the hard way and most failed attempts are a result of that. It's more important to try right than to try hard.

Describing the correct state is difficult to do but for me right now since I have just begun to recognize the state where you can go in without much effort. Of course once you know it, you can look for it again. The first thing that's obvious is the activity level of the visuals are in HI. They don't have to be completely there, but the amount of steady general movement is a good indication. That's something you just have experience to know I guess. For me, they will start forming up in more detail when the entry is close. I have also found that getting slightly less sleep one or two nights before attempting WILD helps. It's really an REM rebound effect and so far have only done this accidentally. When you can extend your sleep time a bit and also get 1 or 2 more REM cycles in, it allows more flexibility and seems to provide a bigger window of opportunity. When the entry ramp is longer and flatter (for lack of a better term) it's much easier to find the door that opens into the lucid dream.

Refinement of the technique is fairly new for me so I'm still figuring this out.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

chuckeles

Postby chuckeles » 20 Nov 2013 18:22

So... how's it going?
Do a reality check.

My fist lucid dream will be awesome!

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 20 Nov 2013 22:54

I've had a very busy week, not had a chance to work on it. Performing in 2 plays, and finishing my Senior project.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Do a reality check

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 23 Nov 2013 06:17

chuckeles wrote:So... how's it going?

See my "Long Hour of Terror" post.
Do a reality check

chuckeles

Postby chuckeles » 23 Nov 2013 13:15

Uh, that's scary. Anyway, thanks for info.
Do a reality check.

My fist lucid dream will be awesome!

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 28 Nov 2013 13:08

Goldkoron wrote:WILD, (Wake Initiated Lucid Dream) is well known as the holy grail of lucid dreaming. But how easy is it? Over the next couple weeks, I am going try every night to achieve a WILD, and post my findings on techniques in doing it.

If you have done WILDs on a regular basis, or have done it a few times, please share here it and how you did it. IE, what time of day or night you did it, how long it took to do it, etc.

Very easy if one normally sees HI when going to sleep very difficult if one does not.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Nov 2013 19:01

Snaggle wrote:
Goldkoron wrote:If you have done WILDs on a regular basis, or have done it a few times, please share here it and how you did it. IE, what time of day or night you did it, how long it took to do it, etc.

Very easy if one normally sees HI when going to sleep very difficult if one does not.

This is true. Wish I knew this when I started.

I just recently discovered this for myself and now don't waste my time trying unless I've got at least semi-decent HI visuals. Also look for lots of movement and lighter shades in the background VS. completely black background.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 08:19

As lucidinthesky said.. one has to have oneself in the correct state, its far more important if you want to enter a dream awake then effort (effort will get you no where at all if you are in the wrong state) and it really helps if one recognises the right state. There are lots of different ways thou of doing a WILD.

What is the right state you may be thinking. Its a certain degree of firstly physical relaxation, once you are physically relaxed enough (to the point where your physical body is feeling strange or very light), its a case of working to letting go with your mind, enough for a dream to start to from.

Once the LD starts you can then pull yourself into the LD with some effort.. it is only at that point should effort be involved at all (sometimes you really have to think during that point to work out what the best ways are to enter it, experience helps here too but without practice you wont gain experience) or one may find they enter very rapidly once these two things are right.

WILD is certainly a method that hinges a lot on technique and knowing what you are aiming for, so can take some practice and experience with it before it becomes easier to do.

For me..I dont often get images before it (if I did what lucidinthesky did, I'd not have 95% of my WILDs as I just dont usually get that), so I cant base my state as being ready by those at all.

I can sometimes tell Im ready by other factors (or just "know' my minds in the right state, the belief it is seems to help me to WILD too.. but its more then belief, its like I do know from my soul).

or I may also feel myself partly in another place or things of another place, I may start hearing another place etc etc. My senses often start to split (good body awareness at that point can help one know one is ready eg one may find oneself isnt just breathing with one body but with two). My senses often enter a LD at different rates. Its a case of then "tuning in" and moving into the LD and letting all ones senses expand out into it.

Anyway, its different for everyone and one can only practice this and hopefully hit the "right spot" and then know what one is truely aiming for when doing this. Many find it hard, some find it thou easier then other methods.

I like WILD as I can do it at any time at all (Im not always successful but I can still do it and sometimes succede at any time. At one stage I was having a 50% success rate whenever I tried it at any time.. Just imagine being able to LD any time you want! That was my goal.

I havent been trying to do it for a while now thou.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”