About hypnagogia

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

About hypnagogia

Postby AscendedUltima » 18 Nov 2013 01:12

I am having problems with terms used to describe this state. Not hypnagogia itself, but things that happen during it. I have many questions about it, but ill start with this: I can easily get into hypnagogia if I want to, but what is the best time to do it? I can do it with ease when I go to bed at night, and it seems difficult to do it after 5 hours of sleep due to my mind being in a very weird state in which it is very sleepy but its too conscious to go into hypnagogia. Contradicting things, I know, thats why I need some advice. :?

Re: About hypnagogia

Postby Summerlander » 18 Nov 2013 02:27

It's a tricky question and one that requires more information regarding your circadian rhythms. You see, what applies to one individual isn't necessarily applicable in general.

It also depends upon the kind of method you are using to get into that state. These range from simple reminders to bring your mind back into focus to the more drastic techniques that were once employed by Salvador Dali.

Personally, I find it easier to reach the hypnagogic state at the onset of deferred sleep (particularly at dawn when I'm planning to have a WILD). What is hardest for me is the evening, with no prior sleep. That is a challenge. If you get there, it will be after quite a few minutes...if! The morning, for me, is easy and I get results within seconds.

But that's me. And, no, I'm not talking about the hypnopompic state.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”