Am I almost there?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Am I almost there?

Postby Grandorax » 18 Nov 2013 18:33

I've been writing down my dreams for the past month and a half or so. I have gone from remembering half a dream, to remembering 3 dreams, even after going to sleep when waking up between dreams in the middle of the night. My recall gets better day after day. I do my daily(at least) 10 reality checks a day(I just did one now )
However, even though I remember my dreams in great detail, even remember names of random people. An example, is yesterday I remembered the name of a waiter by simply looking at his name tag. I tried so hard to remember it, and I did! The only problem, is no matter how bizarre my dreams get, I can't seem to gain lucidity, and just be conscious that I am dreaming. An example was, I was playing basket ball with my friends, and I flew to the net and dunked. Floated down, and my friends were amazed and so have I. But, I didn't get lucid. Many of these things happened this month, but I just can't gain lucidity.
I recently got Calea Zacatechichi, so I can really vivid dreams.. To the point where I have to gain lucidity. I believe if someone gets a taste of a lucid dream, they will believe ten fold that they can have one. That's simply what I need. A taste to just believe .
Also, this is a an off topic question.. How can I enter a meditative state? I've been meditating for about two weeks now. I do feel relaxed after 20 minutes of meditation, but I just don't see any purple dots, or have silence all around me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Am I almost there?

Postby HAGART » 19 Nov 2013 00:13

I can't help with meditation. I'm a novice.

But it doesn't hurt to remember dreams, and in fact it's actually fun. Think of it as a fun hobby and not a job. Keep doing that and one day it will click, and you will become so familiar with your dreams that you will know you are dreaming as it is actually happening. It's a Dream Induced Lucid Dream (DILD), but they are great. Stick with that and keep doing what you're doing and in time, as you become more familiar with your own personal dreams, it should one day just click. Then you are lucid. And even if it's for 5 seconds, the next time it may be 10, 20 and it grows exponentially with experience.

Have fun with dreaming and recalling them and the rest should happen naturally with time and patience.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”