writing down dream selection

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid Dreamer

writing down dream selection

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 18 Nov 2013 21:52

I remember my dreams almost every night, but sometimes I don't write down the dreams that don't interest me. Is being selective in which dreams I write down hurting my lucid dreaming?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Re: writing down dream selection

Postby HAGART » 18 Nov 2013 22:37

I get lazy too, but still lucid dream.

Writing them down should not be a chore. And it's more for your future self to reflect on than anything else. Dream recall happens in your mind. Pen to paper, or fingers to a keyboard is just an extra step to preserve the memory for the ages, but not absolutely necessary. However, I do tend to remember more details when I do write it out on a word processor, so I like it and do it by choice and it's my own hobby and routine. (Unless I get too many dreams and I just say, "Forget about it. I can't write EVERYTHING down". I need to pick and choose the more interesting ones. It would take too long otherwise!)
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”