waking up in the middle of the night, for WBTB

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid Dreamer

waking up in the middle of the night, for WBTB

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 18 Nov 2013 21:57

So for waking up in the middle of the night for the technique WBTB, I know that you stay up for about 30 minutes, and then go back to sleep. When falling back asleep, do you suggest doing a WILD or MILD technique? or just falling asleep regularly? what do you do?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

HAGART

Re: waking up in the middle of the night, for WBTB

Postby HAGART » 18 Nov 2013 22:21

Lucid Dreamer wrote:I know that you stay up for about 30 minutes

Length of time is up to you. I know from experience, if I get out of bed to use the bathroom or drink some water, it takes about 30 minutes to go back to sleep again anyway, so you don't really have to try to stay awake, it will happen anyway if you get up for a few minutes. The very act of doing something mundane (of this earthy world) will snap you out of the dream stuper and make you more alert and aware of your self. Being self aware is the key to lucid dreaming.

And of course when you go back to sleep, that is the best time for ANY method you wish to employ or experiment with.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”