School Research Participant Request Whine

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

School Research Participant Request Whine

Postby DeltaV » 23 Nov 2013 18:29

I am sorry if this isn't the right subforum. I could have posted this in Dream Research, which would probably an altogether more suitable option, but I need as many participants as I can get, and this is one of the more active subforums. Apologies in advance!

I have to do an assignment for school, some kind of research with a subject of your own choice. I chose to research the connection between recent memories and the content of dreams.
So, why am I telling you this? According to my teacher, I need at least 50 participants to acquire enough data for my research. Welp, that's quite a number of people. So that's why I decided to make a form and pester you guys with it! I'd really appreciate your help!

What you have to do is this. I want you to write down your dreams in as much detail as possible each morning, or at the very least, the dream that stood out the most. Seeing as you are here to pursue lucid dreaming, this is probably what you do every day anyway.

Now, try to connect bits of the dream to things you have recently experienced. For example, you got nearly run over by a red car yesterday, and you see the same red car in your dream. This is a clear connection. If you have played a certain game for a while recently, and bits of it are reappearing in your dreams, it's a clear connection
If you are trying to find a connection between a dream object and a memory, and you are not entirely sure, it's probably not connected, unless it is because you couldn't see the dream object properly.
Also, do not try to assign possible hidden meanings to dream objects. If you see an X and think it's related to , say, your job, despite having no obvious connection to said job, it's not valid material for my research.
Last, lucid dreams can be used, but not the bits you create yourself. If you find yourself lucid in a dream, and create the car you saw driving by yesterday, it cannot be used for my research, as you are influencing the content of the dream. If you find dream objects that correspond to memories while driving said car around, however, then you can use those instead.

Once you have done this for one week, fill in this form:

...with the results. I recommend taking a look at it in advance so you know what to expect!
Once again, I'd greatly appreciate your help!
If you have any questions, ask away!
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”