giving power of flight to items.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamerinmiami

giving power of flight to items.

Postby dreamerinmiami » 26 Nov 2013 04:56

I read in a book that if you have trouble flying in an LD to give the power to an item that you're holding. I can never fly so in one LD I saw a toy car and said this will help me fly nothing happened. Last night I had another LD where I had a sock and said this sock has the power of flight and I took off. Only for a few seconds though then fell back down. :( ..

[ Post made via Android ] Image
What is your definition of reality?

HAGART

Re: giving power of flight to items.

Postby HAGART » 26 Nov 2013 05:10

Actually, it does work. But the tool has to be something that can fly. Socks don't fly! Kites do. Hot air balloons, even a paper airplane might work! It helps get over a mental block or mental barrier.

I once called 'Nimbus', the flying cloud Goku uses in Dragon Ball Z. (Just my own tool I tried once).
It didn't look the same and was just an orange spot light that shown in on the ground in the night where I was lucid dreaming, but when I stood in the circle I was able to fly. I just believed it could help me and it did. I only levitated and moved around from a standing position, but it worked. It helped me get over it, and kick that 'nay-sayer-attitude' that always makes me fall back again.

But this other time I summoned a go-kart! It was just a dinky remote control car, but when I stood on it, (not feeling it, but just in the same place), I was then able to scoot around in a sitting position and drive around. I didn't actually see the car anymore, but was moving from a sitting position, hovering inches above the street, using a pretend steering wheel. I even shot some rockets out the front like a video game and it was great fun.

I become a kid in dreams! 8-) And why fly when you can drive? I recommend go-karting or motorcycling in dreams!

But either way, TOOLS HELP! Ask and hopefully they come. But it helps if they make a somewhat logical sense for their purpose. It helps you believe it will work.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 26 Nov 2013 05:35

Hey you're right. Ill try and summon items that are meant for flight and also things that are meant for motion to have fun. Thanks!

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 26 Nov 2013 20:40

[quote][/quote]I become a kid in dreams! 8-) And why fly when you can drive? I recommend go-karting or motorcycling in dreams!

HAGART seams not like flying, I again love flying. (No accounting for tastes :lol: ) For me to stand on an abyss and just step without hesitation in to the void I saviour as it sets me free, and I don't have to walk with the other people up a steep mountain road, but fly. I advanced by now that once in a while I teach dream people how to fly, and that all in clear dreams. The dreams unfolds and I am an actor but not director. I do a fair amount of driving cars, and walking, but often while walking I just lift up a bit and fly along. Any how each to his preference, and dreamerinmiami have fun in your dreams. :)
Last edited by erichsa on 27 Nov 2013 11:00, edited 1 time in total.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Nov 2013 21:03

I was thinking more about this.
I think it would be fun to fly, belly down, but just barely skim the ground or water. I think my fear of heights is what pulls me back down, but just skimming the ground would be great fun!

I'll try summoning one of those snow sled saucers because I know the feeling in real life of going down a hill, belly down, face inches from the ground. And knowing how it feels in real life could make it more vivid too.

Then I could practice going higher and tilting my pitch. I would one day like to fly through a city in a lucid dream and zig-zag through all the buildings, feel wind in my hair, and sun on my back. It's something worth practicing. I probably just don't know what I'm missing because my flying abilities have always been disappointing for me.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Nov 2013 05:56

HAGART wrote:And why fly when you can drive? I recommend go-karting or motorcycling in dreams!

Unfortunately, I don't drive because I can't drive while lucid. :( Flying is easy, but I wish driving were as easy. I do it in non-lucid dreams, but not never when lucid. That's a real challenge and one of my goals for LD.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 27 Nov 2013 14:46

Thanks for your replies everyone. Hey Hagart I had an LD this morning and summoned a kite and it worked! It lifted me high up over roofs :D

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Nov 2013 00:10

lucidinthe sky wrote:Unfortunately, I don't drive because I can't drive while lucid. :( Flying is easy, but I wish driving were as easy. I do it in non-lucid dreams, but not never when lucid. That's a real challenge and one of my goals for LD.

Well, when I 'drove' I just sat on the ground and started moving, using a fake steering wheel.

Twice I drove an actual car in a lucid dream, but that was only because I became lucid in a DILD when I was already in the car. It's fun. Just put your foot on the pedal and go. I tried to crash, but I just passed through the other cars. I even jumped out the door while it was still moving and started to run so I wouldn't fall. It's important to keep touching things in the car and looking around, so you don't get mesmerized by the visuals and lose yourself in it, and forget you are in a car.

I saw a guy on a motorcycle once in a dream and shot him with my finger. (Like a child with a 'finger gun'). Pew! Pew! and the guy was dead. (He was chasing me to begin with so it was self defense, and there was no gore involved). I took his bike and rode it. It had buttons and dials, not like a real one, but it worked and I was even amazed by how I had to tilt to make it turn.

dreamerinmiami wrote:Hey Hagart I had an LD this morning and summoned a kite and it worked! It lifted me high up over roofs

I thought it would. I should try it again sometime, and a kite sounds like it would work well.

R99

Postby R99 » 28 Nov 2013 04:34

Hey, HAGART, did u really drove a car with a manual gears in LD? i tried it many times , but i dont know y, i cant master real time gear shifts. Any ideas.?? i can drive a car without gear in LD but wen i try to use gear, car always makes funny noise and brakes down. :(
I see the Truth now.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Nov 2013 01:08

No, just gas pedal and a steering wheel.
I didn't even think of using the breaks either!

And if you want to reverse, just look behind and you'll go that way. No need to change gears. (I only reversed when I was non-lucid though). That was how I became lucid in this particular dream. I was reversing and I accidentally went through a fence and just passed through without any noise. I then realized I was dreaming, and just put the pedal to the metal, and had some fun driving. I didn't use any gear shift, and don't drive stick in real life either.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”