The Mind keeps The Body awake

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ImmaLDer

The Mind keeps The Body awake

Postby ImmaLDer » 28 Nov 2013 19:24

Hello, I'm ImmaLDer (shortened for I am a Lucid Dreamer)! Although, my name contradicts with my experience. I never once had a Lucid Dream (unfortunately). But I really do want one! I'm hoping I can additional help from you all! Here's one of the several problems I'm having when trying to Lucid Dream.

Self Hypnosis. (Most of my troubles are here, including what I'm about to say http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14044 ) I prefer to do Self-Hypnosis when trying to LD. Well, unusually, that backfires on me. To sum it up, I can't sleep. My mind is clear except for the fact that I'm saying "I will lucid dream" or "I will be aware of my dreams." I used to swallow, but I discovered how to fix that problem (don't lie on the couch :lol:). Now I'm just awake. How do I sleep?

Goldkoron

Re: The Mind keeps The Body awake

Postby Goldkoron » 28 Nov 2013 22:46

ImmaLDer wrote:Hello, I'm ImmaLDer (shortened for I am a Lucid Dreamer)! Although, my name contradicts with my experience. I never once had a Lucid Dream (unfortunately). But I really do want one! I'm hoping I can additional help from you all! Here's one of the several problems I'm having when trying to Lucid Dream.

Self Hypnosis. (Most of my troubles are here, including what I'm about to say http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14044 ) I prefer to do Self-Hypnosis when trying to LD. Well, unusually, that backfires on me. To sum it up, I can't sleep. My mind is clear except for the fact that I'm saying "I will lucid dream" or "I will be aware of my dreams." I used to swallow, but I discovered how to fix that problem (don't lie on the couch :lol:). Now I'm just awake. How do I sleep?

You're probably too excited to have a lucid dream, and then you have too much energy to sleep.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Re: The Mind keeps The Body awake

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 07:54

You do not have to go to sleep to LD, it is possible to do it in a meditation state while still awake (like daydreaming). You issue is that you are not allowing your mind to start to drift, so that you can start to dream.

You are trying too hard using your conscious mind and need to let it go.

What I do sometimes is I focus on having a LD by repeating something over and over again (I like to use a mantra in time to the breath). I'll do that for 30-45 mins then if I havent gone into a LD, I'll then stop that and just allow as if Im going to allow myself to go to sleep, I stop completely trying. By stopping trying, Ive allowed my mind to let go and I can then suddenly find myself in a LD without any break in my consciousness at all (even not being asleep). But due to all the focus Ive just done, my mind has been programmed to go into a LD.

or you could try getting up in the middle of the night and while half asleep still, try doing your LD then.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”