Am I Rushing?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Am I Rushing?

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 30 Nov 2013 16:01

Hello everyone, I am chaosdragoon13 or u may just call me Jake or Jacob.
Lucid dreaming is a very amazing thing so I want to learn it as fast as I can, so I created a program that I thought I should do everyday but I feel that I am doing too many things at once so tell me if it is too much.

Ok, I meditate 3 times a day, before I go to bed I eat cheese, and while trying to sleep I listen to the hypnosis mp3 track, I wake up after 6 hours of sleep(WBTB technique) and read about lucid dreaming for 30-40 minutes and when I go back to sleep I use the SSILD technique. Is this too much or is it a really good program? If I am rushing please tell what is better for me to do.
Thank you :)

Re: Am I Rushing?

Postby deschainXIX » 30 Nov 2013 16:12

It's a good program, I think, but you don't need to be doing all of that. One good meditation session is probably enough. Also, I find that stressing over lucid dreaming always just negates it. Don't TRY so much. Just relax and ride your simple will to lucid dreaming. Don't press yourself. It will come.
Well said.

Re: Am I Rushing?

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 02:15

Yeah Im with what the other has said. You dont need to meditate 3 times a day... if you try "too hard" it may even hinder or you may end up feeling burnt out due to it all and lost motivation. One good meditation session can do wonders.

For LD it is best to be relaxed but (consistant) about it and be prepared it could take a while as everyone is different so no one knows if you will learn it fast or take longer. Doing more isnt necessarily at all better.

I really worry about children interupting their sleep. It can affect health and could end up causing sleeping problems and children as they are still growing should always be getting a good nights sleep. Studies have shown that many children nowdays are not even getting to sleep as long as they should be.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”