How good does lucid dreaming get? Example of why you love it

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Re: How good does lucid dreaming get? Example of why you lov

Postby lucidinthe sky » 04 Dec 2013 04:18

The Beach Boy wrote:Wow you really are great at explaining this: "thinking about what your physical body is doing back in bed." that is incredibly interesting! I've never even thought of that, that truly sets in perspective how amazing it really is. Of course it's evident that your body is back in bed but the idea of being in that other world and then contemplating where you really are under the full influence of your waking mind is insane.

It's kind of abstract to explain. In a non-lucid dream, you remember everything together: what you did, what the dream environment was like, who was in the dream etc. as if it were a 2 dimensional memory image, like a flat picture where nothing stands out from anything else. That's a typical dream memory which is the only way we can experience a non-lucid dream during our waking time. So when we are awake, we connect to the dream only through the flat 2 dimensional memory like looking at a picture. In a lucid dream you are fully awake and then you see the environment, people etc. in real time, not from a memory. Now everything immediately becomes 3 dimensional and you experience a separation of "you" and the dream world just like you do when you are awake, but you have only experienced this when you are awake so it's incomprehensible.

The Beach Boy wrote: Do you think you could give me a brief explanation of how you personally go about performing a successful WILD? I've tried many times but I don't think i've gotten it yet, also do you have any tips on how to train the imagination to be more and more vivid because it seems when I try to do WILD I have trouble truly imagining the place I want to go to in a detail strong enough to really give me any sort of actual impression.

If you're having really detailed, vivid dreams that you remember, then I don't think you need to work on the imagination part, you just have to experience them in real time instead of through memories. WILD is still hit and miss, but here's what's worked for me so far. Get 5 or even better 6 hours of good, uninterrupted sleep before trying WILD. Then use the WBTB method combined with WILD, I repeat some of the MILD phrases in my mind like "The next time I am dreaming, I will realize that I am dreaming" etc. I just quiet my mind down and relax as much as possible and wait for the HI to start up. Everyone's a little different, but for me when the visuals start moving around a lot and the background starts to lighten up a bit from black I know it's getting close to the entry point. Once the visuals start forming up more clearly I form an intention to go in sometimes with a thought like "let me go into this scene" and visualize walking in. I stay away from trying to imagine exactly what scene I want to go into because it's just adds complexity and it's already difficult enough. Focus just on getting in, then once you are in you can always try to alter the scenery. Anyway, that's my advice.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 04 Dec 2013 05:34

Thanks so much for all your help, all your posts are incredibly helpful and very positive to me. I think your method of WILD is what I will try soon. I have always thought you had to have a really detailed scene in your imagination of where you wanted to go and that performing WILD was allowing yourself to fall asleep while keeping your mind intent on knowing that you were going to enter this scene/having the scene perfectly sculpted in your mind.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Dec 2013 22:30

lucidinthe sky wrote: Once the visuals start forming up more clearly I form an intention to go in sometimes with a thought like "let me go into this scene" and visualize walking in. I stay away from trying to imagine exactly what scene I want to go into because it's just adds complexity and it's already difficult enough. Focus just on getting in, then once you are in you can always try to alter the scenery. Anyway, that's my advice.

lucidinthe sky. I found your post interesting as I do that too .. as in the stay away from trying to imagine exactly what scene I want to go into as far as WILD goes as I think it allows the subconsciousness to more easily start creating a scene if one gives it the freedom (rather then with the waking consciousness trying to force it to enter a set scene which possibly may not even be in resonance to our subconsciousness and its symbolism.....

By trying to consciously force a scene which isnt coming from the subconciousness, people may also be upsetting getting the correct LD balance between the conscious and subconscious while trying to enter a dream.

I do think its best to do the messing around with the subconciousness and trying to change its natural manifestion only after the dream is properly entered.

Anyway..its always interesting to hear that another into this has has the same ideas on it as I do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”