I can't seem to have any more lucid dreams...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucidity

I can't seem to have any more lucid dreams...

Postby Lucidity » 26 May 2011 03:00

I have a question, the title explains it all. I had a lucid dream once last year, probably before that as well, but I just can't seem to get one anymore! I try doing reality checks, but I never reality check in my dreams :( Also, I try going to sleep and only thinking of lucid dreams, but when I do that nothing happens! I have to get up quite early for school, do you think that's why I can't have one? I will definitely keep trying, and I've ordered a book on lucid dreaming, but can you guys help me?

Isobel
Ultimate
Lucidity
Forever

Reality check now...Am I dreaming?

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: I can't seem to have any more lucid dreams...

Postby Rebecca » 26 May 2011 05:51

Getting up early can be a killer because it cuts your REM sleep short. So try going to bed an hour earlier and that will give you more chances to dream in the last sleep cycle. (You know the first half of the night is more about deep sleep and physical restoration, whereas the second half sees way more intense dreams - and the longer you lie-in, the more dreams you'll be able to recall.)

I know it can be frustrating when you want to lucid dream but cant. I think everyone has dry spells, but if you keep focused they'll come back again.... dont give up!

My advice is to simply focus on remembering more dreams, by giving yourself more sleep and bringing yourself to wakefulness more often in the last hour or two of sleep. This will help you dip in and out of dreams more easily, making them easier to remember and more intense because you'll be more conscious.

Eventually you'll have the logic bomb - whether its triggered by a reality check or just something impossible about the nature of the dream. Respect and listen to your dreams and you'll soon tap into the right mechanism; lucid dreaming is easy once you open yourself up to it.

Lucidity

Postby Lucidity » 27 May 2011 01:16

That makes sense, thank you so much :D I do find I can remember my dreams better on holidays and weekends :) Thanks for inspiring me :D
Ultimate
Lucidity
Forever

Reality check now...Am I dreaming?

Dreamsphere

Postby Dreamsphere » 29 May 2011 04:35

So true. I am currently on summer break, and sleep in till atleast 10, and i can remember about 3 dreams, all coming from later on... Havent achieved lucidity though, except perhaps a fleeting moment.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”