Affective or not?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
noahsaso

Affective or not?

Postby noahsaso » 11 Dec 2013 06:38

So, I've been reading around on the forums, and I think for the next week I'm going to try this, because it seems like a good, simple, and easy way to induce at least 2 lucid dreams (I hope), this week (I am a beginner :P). Here's my plan: MP3 Recording from FastTrack/WBTB/Subliminal Videos/MILD I'm going to listen to the mp3 recordings, set my alarm to 6 hours. Then, I'm going to wake up, read the "The Art of Lucid Dreaming", watch the subliminal videos, and then do MILD. Does this seem affective? I think a combination of MILD And WBTB are good, and then adding the videos should also help a bunch, because I read about them being affective. Please post your thoughts below :D (I also keep a dream journal)

chaosdragoon13

Re: Affective or not?

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 11 Dec 2013 10:09

It is a good plan to get lucid dreaming but I was like you before, I was so excited about lucid dreaming that I thought of trying everything at once and I asked the forum if it will be good enough. But they told me that stressing over lucid dreaming will negate it so try little things at a time. I would recommend you to watch the subliminal videos and do some meditation and make reality checks a habit. :D

noahsaso

Postby noahsaso » 11 Dec 2013 15:59

chaosdragoon13 wrote:It is a good plan to get lucid dreaming but I was like you before, I was so excited about lucid dreaming that I thought of trying everything at once and I asked the forum if it will be good enough. But they told me that stressing over lucid dreaming will negate it so try little things at a time. I would recommend you to watch the subliminal videos and do some meditation and make reality checks a habit. :D

Yeah. I think what I just did actually did work. I just didn't do a reality check. (I've been doing reality checks constantly for about 4 days, so I probably should keep doing that longer :P) Because, In the dream, it was vivid and I remember it very well, and actually I thought twice inside the dream, "Is this a dream?", but I didn't do a reality check so it looked like my kitchen. I'm pretty sure I was semi-lucid for about 5 seconds, then I just went with the flow, but I still remember all of it :mrgreen: Technically it was lucid :D just not fully. So yay! Also, what do you mean trying "little things"? I read things about techniques on lucid dreaming, but no actually tells you like the process. Could you explain a little more how you got lucid by doing "little things"? Thanks!

Also, one more thing. I was given a newspaper article to read by my mom, and I could read it perfectly fine. The words didn't change, and I sort of remember what it said. So I was lucid that whole time, I just didn't realize it! :D I just noticed that. So my technique DID work, just I wasn't in the correct mindset.

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 11 Dec 2013 18:16

What I meant by "little things" is just meditate once a day, you know do it in baby steps. But since you had a lucid dream congratulations :mrgreen: I actually had my first lucid dream by meditating a lot and I watched some really helpful videos daily. heres the link if you want:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html

Follow instructions if you want to do this because there are 2 parts. Part 1 watch it anytime and as much as you want but part 2 watch once and only before you go to sleep.

noahsaso

Postby noahsaso » 11 Dec 2013 19:58

chaosdragoon13 wrote:What I meant by "little things" is just meditate once a day, you know do it in baby steps. But since you had a lucid dream congratulations :mrgreen: I actually had my first lucid dream by meditating a lot and I watched some really helpful videos daily. heres the link if you want:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html

Follow instructions if you want to do this because there are 2 parts. Part 1 watch it anytime and as much as you want but part 2 watch once and only before you go to sleep.

What do you define "meditating" as? People say, meditate once or twice a day, but meditating isn't just crossing your legs and humming. What do you do for meditation? Also, how long did that take you? (meditating + subliminal videos)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 11 Dec 2013 21:14

Firs of all I think it took me 2 weeks, maybe more I don't really remember but meditating is about increasing your awareness and concentration(I never hummed its stupid). I just sit in a quiet room cross my legs and close my eyes, you have to visualize yourself in a place, a nice calm place like the beach, and try to use your senses while visualizing. For example as you are sitting on the beach feel the warm white sand under your feet and on your hands. Hear the ocean waves splashing and the warm wind on your whole face and body, try to smell the sea salt smell. Also try to see your surroundings as much vivid detail as possible, the sun and the sea everything. This is how you meditate, at least that's how I do it, I am only following the instructions from the fast track that I bought.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”