Dream continuation?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucius Kow'shé

Dream continuation?

Postby Lucius Kow'shé » 12 Dec 2013 21:08

I was wondering... Can I start something like a story-driven LD, wake up, then continue the story next LD? I mean yes, I can recreate everything, but can I do it withouth the need to set everything up? Like just wanting to continue and I would?

Additionally, can I set up rules? Like give myself delf-imposed limits? Besides just not doing the action.

Jacob46719

Re: Dream continuation?

Postby Jacob46719 » 13 Dec 2013 00:04

I think you could with practice. Perhaps you could write down a script, record yourself reading it, and play it over and over again.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Guitar48300

Re: Dream continuation?

Postby Guitar48300 » 13 Dec 2013 03:59

Jacob46719 wrote:I think you could with practice. Perhaps you could write down a script, record yourself reading it, and play it over and over again.

Ive written my own stories I want to dream about, but still havent dreamed through the dream stories I've written. If you do write a script I suggest you only write the beginning part of the story, characters & setting, and a vague summary of the rest of the story. That way you can have some mind-blowing surprises/plot twists and challenging situations(if you want them) as you progress through the plot. Oh, and only write YOUR dialogue and not other characters'. Once again this is just a suggestion, you don't have to do this.

As for continuing the dream I'm wondering this myself. I think the best thing we could do is try very hard to re-imagine the last scene in the story before you woke up.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”