Our memories

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
chaosdragoon13

Our memories

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 16 Dec 2013 12:07

I was wondering, since lucid dreaming lets you have access 100% of your subconscious, can you see or live any past memory you had that was locked away in your mind?

Jacob46719

Re: Our memories

Postby Jacob46719 » 17 Dec 2013 06:17

I would imagine so.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 17 Dec 2013 09:29

Yes. A memory. A mental virtual reality reconstruction of it. I'd imagine there would be some discrepancies too, just like the dream replica of the bedroom. It is memory based but the brain still gets it wrong.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Dec 2013 23:38

I would say it's certainly possible since dreams tend to be based on memories and past experiences. The door is already open to that side of our mind, so we just need to find a way to step in and dig deeper. I have yet to do this, and don't know how, but I plan to. I wonder what memories I may be repressing.

Here's a puzzling question:
How would you know the memory that you experience in the dream is accurate or not? What do you have to compare it to? Did the dream simply make it up and make it feel like a memory?

I get false memories in dreams all the time, but when I wake up I can sort it out, so I think upon awakening we will be able to tell the difference. But you never know......
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 18 Dec 2013 11:32

[quote="HAGART"]
Here's a puzzling question:
How would you know the memory that you experience in the dream is accurate or not? What do you have to compare it to? Did the dream simply make it up and make it feel like a memory?

Well to be honest I think once you experience that memory your heart will be able to tell no matter how weird it looks. Because memories are precious even if your mind doesn't remember it, your heart will.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 18 Dec 2013 18:52

chaosdragoon13 wrote:
HAGART wrote:Here's a puzzling question:

Well to be honest I think once you experience that memory your heart will be able to tell no matter how weird it looks. Because memories are precious even if your mind doesn't remember it, your heart will.

I assume that's not literal. What do people mean when they say "You heart will remember?"
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 18 Dec 2013 19:07

It's just a feeling inside you I guess, you will be like "I don't remember it but I know it" sort of thing.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”