Different sensation on hypnagogia

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Highlander

Different sensation on hypnagogia

Postby Highlander » 28 Dec 2013 18:26

Tonight i had a different sensation on hypnagogia. Sometimes i hear voices or feel my body vibrating and all those things. But tonight it was different.
I was lying on my bed and i felt my bed bouncing, like someone was walking on my bed. I felt the steps and all. I was confused if i was in my house, in my bed dreaming or in my parent's house with my brother walking on the bed in real life. So, i moved myself a little (with effort because i was a little paralysed), i woke up and it stoppped. So, i realized i was in my own bed and that feeling was from hypnagogia. As soon as i noticed this, i did not move and i stood still. 10 seconds after, that feeling of my bed bouncing started again. I then knew that it was me starting to dream. I could move my right dream arm, but i was in an uncomfortable position, so i woke up for good.

I didn't enter in a dream, but i found this experience interesting because i'm used to feel something in my body, not in an object outside of me (in this case, the bed bouncing).

HAGART

Re: Different sensation on hypnagogia

Postby HAGART » 28 Dec 2013 20:13

Welcome to my world.

I thought this was common, but I guess it's not.

I sometimes feel like I am bouncing in bed as you describe, sometimes my bed sheets get pulled off, and sometimes I feel like someone is pushing down on me. And a few times another 'entity' pulled me out of bed and dragged me around! I often sense another presence in the room, and it's antagonistic and tries to fight me!

I know it's just sleep paralysis nightmares, but when they happen they can be crazy!

But they also lead to very profound and deep, long lucid dreams too, so it's not all bad, and just my inner fear getting the best of me during a vulnerable, high-emotional state of mind.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”