Inner/Outer Speech in a Lucid Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Inner/Outer Speech in a Lucid Dream

Postby HAGART » 03 Jan 2014 22:29

The other day, I was in a lucid dream and I decided to try something. I said out loud, "I'm talking out loud". Then I said in my head, "I'm talking in my head". Again, "I'm talking out loud"; "I'm talking in my head". It feels very different just like talking out loud verses in your head when awake. But why should it? Isn't the whole experience in my head?!

I should try whispering and shouting out loud.
Then try whispering and shouting in my head.
I wonder if there is even a difference, and if so, why? It's just an illusion.

There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to talk to dream characters with my inner voice like a form of telepathy, but I never have been able to. I've tried several times, but they only respond when I speak 'out loud'. I bet I could if I really thought I could.

After all, I have on a few occasions spoken to dream characters who's voices didn't come from 'out there' in the dream, but seemed to emanate from between my ears. They too have inner/outer voices. (My inner and their outer). They don't seem to have their own inner voices.... or do they?.....

That's my deep thought for the day. :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Re: Inner/Outer Speech in a Lucid Dream

Postby Peter » 04 Jan 2014 01:05

I think that one is a thought even though you think it is talking and if you think about some one you know and something they said it is recalled in their voice just like music.
The other you may have been moving you mouth and really speaking from within the dream, use a recorder and see if you can pick up some of your voice from within the dream - that would be cool if it worked
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Re: Inner/Outer Speech in a Lucid Dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Jan 2014 05:41

It feels very different just like talking out loud verses in your head when awake. But why should it? Isn't the whole experience in my head?!

I think like anything else when we are dreaming.. our dream will try to create whatever we are thinking, be it a voice from seeming to come from outside our head or whatever.

There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to talk to dream characters with my inner voice like a form of telepathy, but I never have been able to. I've tried several times, but they only respond when I speak 'out loud'. I bet I could if I really thought I could.

Yeah. You have a block in your thoughts going on around that. Its like how some have mental or emotional blocks over flying. I should be able to fly myself but I rarely can. Same with your LD telepathy. You just need to convince yourself both on a surface level and on a deeper level, that you can actually do this.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”