How to exploit dream signs ?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Norrin Radd

How to exploit dream signs ?

Postby Norrin Radd » 05 Jan 2014 17:43

Hi all !

I have successfully identified 2 dream signs which come very often in my dreams.

Trouble is that last night I had one of those 2 dream signs but couldn't exploit it to become lucidly aware.

I told myself that day that if I was dreaming about x and y that would mean that I'm dreaming. But once in the dream, when the dream sign occurs, I dont become lucidly aware.

HELP !

A/ How can I exploit dream signs so that next time I see them I can become lucid ?

B/ Once you aknowledge your dream signs within a dream, does it make you lucidly aware by itself or do you have to perform a RC to become lucid ? In short, what's the process ?

Thanks people !

torakrubik

Re: How to exploit dream signs ?

Postby torakrubik » 06 Jan 2014 03:15

Norrin Radd wrote:

A/ How can I exploit dream signs so that next time I see them I can become lucid ?

B/ Once you aknowledge your dream signs within a dream, does it make you lucidly aware by itself or do you have to perform a RC to become lucid ? In short, what's the process ?

Thanks people !

A) This generally is how you become lucid - simply by recognising the signs. However don't be disheartened if this doesn't happen immediately - No matter how experienced the dreamer is, he will miss the blindingly obvious every once in a while!

B) Sometimes the dream sign is enough, other times it will simply raise the question: "This is my dream sign, so am I dreaming?" In this case it's probably a good idea to do an RC just to confirm it.
Dreaming is my drug

Norrin Radd

Postby Norrin Radd » 06 Jan 2014 08:43

Thanks for your answers.

Something I can do to be able to aknowledge DS ?

Mantras for instance ?

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 07 Jan 2014 02:32

Norrin Radd wrote:Thanks for your answers.

Something I can do to be able to aknowledge DS ?

Mantras for instance ?

Perhaps, it would probably depend on the nature of the dream sign. It's similar in a way to a reality check, you just have to learn to question your reality when yours DS occurs. It's inevitable that you'll miss it a few times, but with practice it should start ringing alarm bells for you.
Dreaming is my drug

Norrin Radd

Postby Norrin Radd » 07 Jan 2014 02:43

Thanks

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 11:04

As the other said, you may need to RC whenever the dream sign comes up (so you need to do that during the day to it too to make it a habit of doing a RC at that time).

best luck
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Norrin Radd

Postby Norrin Radd » 12 Jan 2014 12:21

Unfortunately it does not work

More than 2 weeks that everyday I link one RC with a DS and believe me, that leads me to RC more than 20 times/day. And last night I saw the DS and did not RC at all.

Pffff !!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 22:38

Norrin Radd wrote:Unfortunately it does not work

More than 2 weeks that everyday I link one RC with a DS and believe me, that leads me to RC more than 20 times/day. And last night I saw the DS and did not RC at all.

Pffff !!

I usually try something a a few weeks before saying it doesnt work when it comes to LD stuff.

You are trying to program something new into your brain and that can take a little time. Ask yourself how long does it take you to develop a habit with something? Probably more then 2 weeks. That is what you are trying to do here, create a habit of doing a reality check on seeing something.

Some people get lucky and create that happening into dreams fast, while others have to make it a habit and really ingrain it into themselves for it to start appearing in dreams.

Norrin Radd

Postby Norrin Radd » 12 Jan 2014 23:04

I hear what you say.

Well bad habits don't need 2 weeks to be anchored lol

I'll keep on RCs with my DS when I see it IRL, hoping that it lead me to become lucidly aware soon.

Thanks !

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 23:39

You may need to try a different LD technique if that ends up not working for you or do other things as well. Do you keep a dream journal (helps signal to your subconciousness that you are interested in your dreams).

It can be better to create like your own LD program (or follow one) then just doing one thing.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”