Talking To Figures Telepathicly During Sleep Paralysis

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kman43759

Talking To Figures Telepathicly During Sleep Paralysis

Postby Kman43759 » 08 Jan 2014 01:10

I was wondering if you could telepathicly talk to figures and try to reason with them during SP cause really, SP is really just a dream with your eyes open isnt it? Exept you cant move... Ive heard of some people talking to DC's telepathicly during LD's so why couldnt you do this during SP? Right?
So anyway if any of you have tried this, tell me, or if it isnt possible, tell me
Post your results

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Talking To Figures Telepathicly During Sleep Paralysis

Postby Rebecca » 08 Jan 2014 20:09

I've had light forms of sleep paralysis hallucinations with my eyes open, and heavier forms with my eyes closed with full-on dreams. I don't really recall any sound though and have never had any kind of telepathic communication. I'm interested to hear from frequent SP experiencers what they say....

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 08 Jan 2014 22:09

Since SP is really just a lucid dream talking place with your eyes open and you cant move, shouldnt you be able to control the hallucinations or visualize any scary monsters dying like you could in a lucid dream if you saw something scary you didnt like, hm. If anybody tests my theory, tell me what happened for you

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 10 Jan 2014 20:34

Well I would not define sleep paralysis as a lucid dream with your eyes open. It is more of a stepping stone to a lucid dream.

In sleep paralysis, your awareness is with your physical body in bed, which is literally paralyzed due to REM atonia. This sensation is real.

In a lucid dream, your awareness is with your dream body. All the sensations you feel are simulated as per a dream.

So the transition is marked by switching from one awareness to the other, then you are lucid dreaming. The trick is to stop focusing on your paralysed body and start focusing on a dream world - and becoming part of that instead.

Once you make this shift you can control the hallucinations because you are lucid dreaming - you can kill monsters or communicate with them.

The thing a lot of SP sufferers find difficult is overcoming the initial sense of fear and looking past it, to the possibility of a dream beyond. The fear becomes self-fulfilling so that you hallucinate more fearsome images and the cycle is hard to break. The best way out of SP, and into a lucid dream, I find, is to think as clearly as possible and visualize something more positive.

It can take a bit of practice though...... ;)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jan 2014 02:47

I've had some sleep paralysis nightmare episodes. (That's what I choose to call it).
Or another name is a false awakening with a sinister entity in the room with you!

Those are just words, but it's scary as heck when it happens and you learn what true fear is and after you wake up you question fear itself and grow from it.

There's a well known response we have in the presence of danger: Fight or Flight. I can run away, but that doesn't solve anything, or you can stand your ground and defeat it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 10:38

Well I would not define sleep paralysis as a lucid dream with your eyes open.

I agree with what Rebacca said and wouldnt define it as that either. Sleep paralyses is simply when you cant move, it can happen before you are asleep and dreaming (or more often just on leaving a dream).

Of cause its a closer state to dreaming then the normal awake state is so there could be some overlapping with images for some and yes if you can hear things, you may be able to communicate with them too.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 14 Jan 2014 18:05

HAGART wrote:Those are just words, but it's scary as heck when it happens and you learn what true fear is and after you wake up you question fear itself and grow from it.

So true! I would rate sleep paralysis and night terrors (even more so) as the most fear I've ever felt in my life. It's a primal thing. You may be lying in bed but the adrenaline is definitely pumping.

Still, what doesn't kill you.......... :?

abart65

Postby abart65 » 20 Jan 2014 09:57

I've heard people saying it's possible but I can't say I've ever tried it. Usually when I see a figure in SP when I supposedly and seemingly open my eyes it's usually very creepy and I get out of it. But I've wanted to try for a long time now, but lately in SP I've been Moving my "spirit" body away from the other and getting out of bed before opening my eyes and nothing ever seems to be there so I can't talk to them. Hopefully will get the chance soon though

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Jan 2014 11:13

Me too. After separation, usually, there is nobody there. My SP moments are often accompanied by intruders breaking into the house. Some are silent and all that I hear is heavy footsteps. Others tell me they are going to kill me. Sometimes there is growling or heavy breathing in my ear. And I've been pinned down to the bed, or sat on by hags or evil little imps only a few times (early practice, fearful beginner).

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”