Can you Prepare for False Awakenings?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Xtreme_Walrus

Can you Prepare for False Awakenings?

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 10 Jan 2014 22:23

Okay, so I've been wondering, since often times after a lucid dream I will have a false awakening, I was wondering if you could prepare for it.

What I'm thinking is maybe while in a lucid dream while it is fading you can think to yourself, "I'm going to have a false awakening" so then you can prepare for it and have another lucid dream. I haven't tried it yet but anyone else want to test with me?

I'm thinking you might lose a lot of your awareness in between the lucid dream and false awakening, but I think it's possible.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

Kman43759

Re: Can you Prepare for False Awakenings?

Postby Kman43759 » 10 Jan 2014 22:27

That would be cool, then if you lose your dream you just go into a new one

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 11 Jan 2014 03:12

Get in the habit of doing a set of reality checks every time you wake up. That will definitely help with spotting them. :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Jan 2014 23:31

I'm way ahead of you.
I more often than not get a false awakening after a lucid dream.
I know this, so I remind myself when it happens and become lucid again.

The false awakenings are so much more vivid and true to life I can't help but use the terminology OBE. (Out of Body Experience). Although I think it is just a perception and there is no belief system involved. I will often get a DILD, dream induced lucid dream, and then when it fades, I get up and realize I am still dreaming and it becomes a lucid false awakening. (Which is a contradiction of terms). Or an OBE, but I don't care about labels. Call it what you want.

But certainly you can prepare for a false awakening before it happens because I get those all the time when a lucid dream fades away and I wake up but realize I am still dreaming.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Jan 2014 10:17

As another said, get into the habit of reality checking whenever you first wake up.

Im confused why you'd want to create a situation in whcih you think you are awake but arent (a state of dream unawareness). Wouldnt it be better to create a situation of going back into your LD or dream you dropped out from?
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 12 Jan 2014 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Jan 2014 11:34

That's the mystery of life.
I can't change it, but need to accept it.
I am very familiar with false awakenings but I can't change it. I can only embrace it and laugh about it. :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”