For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Postby CSL505 » 15 Jan 2014 16:19

Hello all,

Just wanted to know if anyone had experienced something similar to this and possible tell me what I'm doing wrong or is it just the norm.

Last night I went to bed at around 10pm. Set my alarm to wake up at 5am.
I woke up and sat for a bit and attempted the wild (not sure if I was successful, but I'm fairly sure I was dreaming shortly after).

After 5am I had about 6 dreams. ALL nightmares. In every dream I told myself "I'm dreaming!, I'm lucid, either let me wake up or let me have control of my body!"

In all of the dreams I was unable to control my body and was unable to wake myself up.

Is this normal for lucid nightmares?
Maybe it was something I did?

Thanks for any answers!

Re: Help!

Postby Snaggle » 16 Jan 2014 00:59

What do you mean exactly by "unable to control my body"?

Not being able to wake up during the more terrifying lucid nightmares is normal. Dream control is also useless as changing an image or moving to a new dreamscape don't have an affect on being in an emotional state of terror. Lucid nightmares take you a more direct experience of terror than one will ever experience when awake. It's standard also not to be able to control the emotion or transform it into a new one too.

Emotional control and maturity are separate in the world of dreams than they are in the waking world and one has to gain emotional control in them just as you did as a child with the waking world. If you do you'll be able to wake up or enjoy the terror like a horror show.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Re: Help!

Postby CSL505 » 16 Jan 2014 01:15

I just mean that I was unable to leave the dream scape or close my eyes in order to stop the nightmare. Mind you, I've had worse nightmares so it didn't bother me as much.

I suppose the maturity comes with experience in an LD.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”