Vivid Dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
chaosdragoon13

Vivid Dreams

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 26 Jan 2014 09:26

I was wondering, does anyone have really, really vivid dreams(lucid dreams)? Dreams that are so vivid that it is comparable to reality, the way that you are looking right now as you read this post, is it like the dreams you get? If there is somebody, is there a way to increase vividness of a dream to make it look like reality?

Summerlander

Re: Vivid Dreams

Postby Summerlander » 26 Jan 2014 11:36

Yes. But bear in mind that vivid dreams aren't necessarily lucid. If you happen to have a lucid dream but the environent is of very poor quality, you need to apply intensification techniques which will also help to prolong the experience.

There is an array of tehniques which usually involve sensory amplification. I've gotta go to work right now so I don't have time to list them but you can check them out by downloading Michael Raduga's "The Phase: A Practical Guidebook" for free. Good luck!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 26 Jan 2014 15:54

Thanks, but I was asking because if my dreams were vivid I'll realize that I was dreaming and become lucid more often.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 26 Jan 2014 16:42

chaosdragoon13 wrote:Thanks, but I was asking because if my dreams were vivid I'll realize that I was dreaming and become lucid more often.

I find that in most vivid dreams, things seem far more real. And in that state, you become more aware, compared to "deep in the abyss" dreams. I almost always become lucid in vivid dreams.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Jan 2014 17:56

My vivid lucid dreams are not like waking reality. The colors are different. I was lucid in my house and walking around and I noticed something. There are no shadows and everything was bright as a sunny day, but indoors. There is no light source streaming in through windows to light the room. Everything is of equal, maximum brightness and don't cast a shadow on each other. Things are also very clear despite an object being ten feet away. I wear glasses in real life, but don't need them in a lucid dream.

So I haven't had a lucid dream as real as real life. They are actually MORE vivid!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 26 Jan 2014 23:30

HAGART wrote:My vivid lucid dreams are not like waking reality. The colors are different. I was lucid in my house and walking around and I noticed something. There are no shadows and everything was bright as a sunny day, but indoors. There is no light source streaming in through windows to light the room. Everything is of equal, maximum brightness and don't cast a shadow on each other. Things are also very clear despite an object being ten feet away. I wear glasses in real life, but don't need them in a lucid dream.

So I haven't had a lucid dream as real as real life. They are actually MORE vivid!

See, yes that's exactly how I want my lucid dreams to be like. man you are so lucky! how often do you have these dreams?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Jan 2014 00:12

I don't know exactly how often, but one thing I have noticed. These vivid, close to waking reality dreams, tend to be the last dream in the early morning. I sometimes wake up and realize I can sleep another hour so lay in bed pondering whether I should get up or not feeling wide awake with eyes closed. Next thing I know I am in a vivid dream and realize it. I miss the entry and it still confounds me how I can lose consciousness without me knowing it. But since it was a WBTB, I'm very clear minded, lucid if you will. (definition of word: lucid).

Even if not lucid, the early morning, last-dream, tends to be the most vivid of them all and so easy to remember because I am a little bit more lucid-minded than early night dreams.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

RustyMinecart

Postby RustyMinecart » 28 Jan 2014 07:33

I was once in a very lucid LD. It was so real that I just stopped and thought to myself "Wow, this looks SO real!"
You Create Your Own Reality

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”