Why am I such a fail

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jackson

Why am I such a fail

Postby Jackson » 26 Jan 2014 14:52

Hello. I already sort of know the answer to this question :? , but anyway, I have a problem regarding my lucid dreams. It is no that I can't LD or even that I don't have much lucidity or control. Actually, I can pretty much lucid dream at will (especially with WILD). :D

So here' s my question; how do I, in my dreams avoid pointless wandering and do some of the things people talk about doing on this forum. I know I have to set a dream intent, but I find that I can never really settle on one decision or even that sometimes, in the dream I have no idea what the dream intent I set was. :? So could you please help. Any response would be greatly appreciated ;)

Goldkoron

Re: Why am I such a fail

Postby Goldkoron » 26 Jan 2014 16:52

Jackson wrote:Hello. I already sort of know the answer to this question :? , but anyway, I have a problem regarding my lucid dreams. It is no that I can't LD or even that I don't have much lucidity or control. Actually, I can pretty much lucid dream at will (especially with WILD). :D

So here' s my question; how do I, in my dreams avoid pointless wandering and do some of the things people talk about doing on this forum. I know I have to set a dream intent, but I find that I can never really settle on one decision or even that sometimes, in the dream I have no idea what the dream intent I set was. :? So could you please help. Any response would be greatly appreciated ;)

I am not a scientist, but I believe that in lucid dreams, you are not quite in touch with reality. It is like your thoughts do not come as easily, as if your subconscious is hiding information from you because you are supposed to be dreaming. I believe dreams are a sort of virtual game the subconscious spins for us in order to organize memories, and prepare our psyche for real life event. In my lucid dreams, I very rarely remember all the things I wanted to test in my next lucid dream. It always seems in LDs, sometimes you remember it as if you were still dreaming, you were only halfway aware of everything that was going on. I do not think you can become 100% aware in a lucid dream, being able to bring up thoughts and do things as if you were awake without waking up. You can get close, but not all the way.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Jan 2014 17:47

I've gotten in the habit of stating out loud in the dream after I become lucid, "I have a purpose". It doesn't matter what it was, I can always at least remember to say that. Then I think, "what was it again"? That usually works. Sometimes our memories go haywire though.

One time, I wanted to test remote viewing by checking a playing card I had in my room. I became lucid in a lower level of a house and had to go upstairs to my room. Not only was the house foreign to me, yet I found it familiar as if I had always lived there, I went to my room and checked the time on the clock in order to test if it was the actual time in reality. My memory was completely askew!

So it doesn't always work, but stating that I have a purpose tends to snap me out of any dream plot there might be and I go into 'Sandbox Mode' and am free to roam and explore and experiment.

(And of course before you go to sleep at night or back to sleep after a WBTB remind yourself what it was you wanted to do. But that's pretty obvious.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Jan 2014 00:02

Memory can fail just as well in waking life. If you want to remember a plan of action for when you lucid dream you can employ a sple mnemonic technique before induction: "When I find myself lucid in a dream I must remember to do (the plan)..." Repetition and association helps. It's like saying to yourself: "When I go to the shop to buy a prawn sandwich for lunch I must remember to top up my oyster card." (Prawn & oyster = sea food.)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”