Reality Check Fail

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Xtreme_Walrus

Reality Check Fail

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 29 Jan 2014 01:44

Okay so last night I had a few pretty long dreams ended with a level one lucid dream. After I woke up from my lucid dream I went into a false awakening.

I noticed something was off, but couldn't quite tell what. I decided to do a reality check. I pinched my nose and tried to breathe, but I couldn't breathe through it. At this point I was pretty sure it was a dream, so I tried again and made sure to pay close attention. Again, still couldn't breathe through it. I decided to look at my hands. My vision was a bit fuzzy but it made sense because I don't have very good vision. Other then the blurriness there was nothing that appeared wrong. I started walking down my hallway and my vision continued to be a bit blurry. Even though my reality checks didn't turn out the way I expected, I still had high suspicion that I was in fact dreaming. But, I didn't want to do anything crazy saying that I wasn't sure.

I soon woke up and was pretty confused why the reality checks didn't work. This was the first time this has ever happened for me.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

Clair

Re: Reality Check Fail

Postby Clair » 30 Jan 2014 21:02

I've had my reality check fail. I was at home, but like you said, something was off... My check was turning off and on the lights and I was able to do this in one particular dream. I even said out loud to myself "I thought you couldn't change the lighting in dreams?" Then continued with the dream, keeping the awareness that my body was still in fact asleep. Since then I've changed my reality check to looking at my hands. Just trust your instinct if it ever happens again :)

Xtreme_Walrus

Re: Reality Check Fail

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 09 Feb 2014 23:31

It happened a second time a couple of nights ago. I'm pretty sure the problem was low dream awareness, as I have been being a bit lazy writing down my dreams.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”