I'm new to LDind and got a few questions!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Dizzy2345

I'm new to LDind and got a few questions!

Postby Dizzy2345 » 03 Feb 2014 02:32

I'm going to get straight to the point:
1. Is 13 to young to begin lucid dreaming?
2. I use 3 reality checks every hour: Fingers through hand, counting fingers, and breathing with my nose pinched. Do these qwork?
3. Before I go to bed, I watch YouTube or play games on my phone. Well, I do this in my bed and I do this until I feel tired and ready to go to sleep. Will this affect my lucidity at all? If so, negatively or positively?
4. What, I'm detail, is hypnongia (or however you say it)?
5. If I'm doing a DEILD or a WBTB, what time should I wake up if I usually go to sleep around 10:30-11?
6. Finally, I can get scared easily. I'm afraid to attempt a WILD due to what people say they experience during paralysis. Should I really be afraid?

Please answer and thanks!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Excuse typos, i'm not very good at typing on my tablet!

Snaggle

Re: I'm new to LDind and got a few questions!

Postby Snaggle » 03 Feb 2014 04:35

1. No age is too young or old.

2. Any reality check can work or fail.

3. Playing games, watching movies, reading etc. will often incubate what you'll dream about. If you're easily frightened no horror books or movies before bed.

4. Hypnagogia/hypnogogia are the first stage of dreams, basically the same as your imagination, except really seen and more stable. Usually they're images which is why we call them HI (hypnagogic images) here; though they can be sounds or sensations.

5.-6. Doing dream returns (the more correct turn for dream exit initialed lucid dreams) happen whenever you wake up naturally and just try to return to them. When one wakes up one is close to the brain wave state of dreams and can start them up again often. It's generally a false claim that remaining still will trigger sleep paralysis or that one has to experience SP to WILD. I do dream returns all the time and am a very powerful Wilder (as in do WILDs directly on falling asleep and stays lucid all night) and have never had a sleep paralysis experience. If you enter Rem muscle atonia while really awake you'll not have any dream images or have your Rem muscle atonia turn into an SP experience, an old hag experience or and out of body experience -you'll be really awake with your body asleep with out dream images of any kind and you'll not be paralysed one can end Rem muscle atonia at will. In my opinion SP is a type of dream inspired by Rem muscle atonia, but a dream like a false awakening during which people think they're really awake. However, if you're going to use wake back to beds be warned that research has show that interrupting ones sleep often triggers the SP experience. Rem muscle atonia is caused by the release of two chemicals and is not a continuous flow, but more a quick dripping, so even if SP is real rather than a dream one could escape it my trying to move ones little finger until one hit one of the pauses between drips. Rem Muscle atonia is actually a pleasant extremely physically relaxing state to be in if one is really awake. PS one does not need to ever experience SP doing out of body experiences either.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Dizzy2345

Re: I'm new to LDind and got a few questions!

Postby Dizzy2345 » 03 Feb 2014 18:11

Thanks so much! :D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Excuse typos, i'm not very good at typing on my tablet!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”