WILD I Keep Falling Asleep!!!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Creator

WILD I Keep Falling Asleep!!!

Postby Creator » 25 Feb 2014 21:40

Finally, we can post again! :D I've been waiting to post this thread for a while.

Every single time I attempt the wild, I end up falling asleep. Here is how I do it:

1) I close my eyes and start to see very faint colours
2) After a while of relaxing, I start to see a flickering circle in the center of my vision (I usually see that while I'm attempting WILD)
3) I repeat to myself, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming... And try to keep awareness of my body...
4) I wake up in the morning... -_-

GOD DAMMIT! Why do I keep falling asleep!? And during hypnagogia, why don't I see people, places, and hear sounds and stuff? I just see a flickering circle then wake up... It's really bothering me. Please help. :(

tags(ignore): sleep paralysis rabecca lucid dreaming dream character NREM REM wake lucid induce induced initiated initiate binaural beats brainwave entertainment hypnagogia meditation help scary shadow people flying dreams nightmare nightmarish atonia master future spirit guide angel ghost ghosts angels spirits guides people creatures blobs colours herbs CAT method wake back to bed tipping sensations feelings visuals hallucinations hallucination feeling sight smell touch taste vision visions telekinisis psychokenisis DILD WBTB CAT WILD mnemonic MILD teleport astral projection OBE OOBE AP vibrational stage silver cord relaxation character rebecca world of lol

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Highlander

Re: WILD I Keep Falling Asleep!!!

Postby Highlander » 26 Feb 2014 13:34

Did you try it in different sleeping positions? Maybe you're too comfortable and you fall asleep.

Creator

Postby Creator » 26 Feb 2014 13:51

Highlander wrote:Did you try it in different sleeping positions? Maybe you're too comfortable and you fall asleep.

I sleep on my back...

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 26 Feb 2014 15:10

Try other positions. I tried some and i found my own. I do it on my second most comfortable position for this (which is on the side). If i use my most comfortable one (on my stomach) i fall asleep. If i do it on my most umconfortable (on my back) it's very hard to do anything.
You should find your own.

Creator

Postby Creator » 26 Feb 2014 21:21

Highlander wrote:Try other positions. I tried some and i found my own. I do it on my second most comfortable position for this (which is on the side). If i use my most comfortable one (on my stomach) i fall asleep. If i do it on my most umconfortable (on my back) it's very hard to do anything.
You should find your own.

ok, I'll try the side.

but why didn't I see or hear anything?

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 26 Feb 2014 23:30

Maybe it was too soon to hear anything. Maybe a few more minutes and it happens. Did you feel vibrations in your body?

Creator

Postby Creator » 26 Feb 2014 23:52

lol, and every single wild tutorial i see, it says "get into your most comfortable position. xD
Highlander wrote:Maybe it was too soon to hear anything. Maybe a few more minutes and it happens. Did you feel vibrations in your body?

Nope..

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 27 Feb 2014 00:00

The tutorials are great for you to understand and try the technique but it doesn't mean that you have to do exactly what it says, if it's not working. Some people might find another way to do it. Most of the people have WILDs in the most comfortable position. Not me. Most people have WILDs after 5 or 6 hours of sleep. Not me. I have my WILDs only after 8 hours of sleep. You have to find your right way to do it. It's a lot of trial and error.

Creator

Postby Creator » 27 Feb 2014 00:12

Highlander wrote:The tutorials are great for you to understand and try the technique but it doesn't mean that you have to do exactly what it says, if it's not working. Some people might find another way to do it. Most of the people have WILDs in the most comfortable position. Not me. Most people have WILDs after 5 or 6 hours of sleep. Not me. I have my WILDs only after 8 hours of sleep. You have to find your right way to do it. It's a lot of trial and error.
Okay. I'll try to WILD tonight. I'll tell you how it goes.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 01 Mar 2014 04:36

Creator wrote:Finally, we can post again! :D I've been waiting to post this thread for a while.

Every single time I attempt the wild, I end up falling asleep. Here is how I do it:

1) I close my eyes and start to see very faint colours
2) After a while of relaxing, I start to see a flickering circle in the center of my vision (I usually see that while I'm attempting WILD)
3) I repeat to myself, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming... And try to keep awareness of my body...
4) I wake up in the morning... -_-

GOD DAMMIT! Why do I keep falling asleep!? And during hypnagogia, why don't I see people, places, and hear sounds and stuff? I just see a flickering circle then wake up... It's really bothering me. Please help. :(

To do a intentional WILD one needs to have some awareness of and control over one's brain wave state. To see HI or do a WILD, the part of one's brain that creates dreams needs to be in a Theta wave state. Brain Wave states are like this "Gamma Wave (most awake and deep in thought); Beta Wave ( normal wide awake); Alpha Wave (when using ones imagination, whith fleeting have real images popping into ones head), Theta (normal HI and dream state); Delta Wave (none thought and non-image state, normal in deep sleep occurring before REM Muscle Atonia and after NREM dream sleep).

Don't repeat to yourself "I'm dreaming" and don't try to keep awareness of your body- forget it completely and don't try to WILD before it's tired, you should already be a little mentally tired too for an ideal attempted WILD. If your brain is already tired it will naturally be inclined to Theta waves. wake yourself up with an alarm, not to do a WBTB but just to observe your brain state when you're dreaming. Try to imitate that brain wave state, if you can you'll be able to do dream returns and maybe real WILDS. When trying a WILD don't lower and relax your eyes- this just makes one drowsy and signals to ones brain it's time to sleep, instead look up with your eyes closed. Practice entering Alpha wave states, drawing is good for this or any art, look at the paper/canvas until you start to get this flood of fleeting images. When doing a real Wild one first enters Apha and then the Alpha waves quickly slips into Theta Waves and the fleeting images are more stable and actually seen. If you can't enter Alpha at will you're not going to make it to Theta and it does not sound like you're entering an Alpha Wave state so far. Be warned even if you do see HI you might not make it past them to NREM dreams or if you make it to NREM dreams you might not make it to REM dreams.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”