Problem: Being stuck in dream being tortured

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Theravada

Problem: Being stuck in dream being tortured

Postby Theravada » 08 Mar 2014 07:01

New to this board, I did not know where to go to ask for help on this problem and figured this would be a great place to start my research. I had a very intense experience last night and am seeking help, advice, or other resources to help me with my problem.

Sorry this is so long, I really want to get a concise response from other members here. If this is too long and boring please skip to the Problem section of this post.

Background: I have always had fairly intense dreams, but they changed in my late teens. I would have dreams that would show me the solutions to problems I was having very detailed. For example, one time someone stole an expensive piece of electronic equipment from me and I had a very vivid dream of who did it. I found out a few days later that exactly what happened in my dream happened in real life and caught the thief red handed. Things like that started to happen regularly and I often would have dreams about problems with friends, call them up when I woke and they would be astounded that I knew of different things.

I started going through what best is described as a "Kundalini Awakening" and when I first went through it all I even would have dreams telling me to Google search certain terms I was unfamiliar with that helped me along my journey. In my early twenties I started lucid dreaming and actually back then did it for "fun" many nights, I was actually quite good. I am trying to make this short, but in the middle of one lucid dream I was having my dream "opened-up" almost like if you were looking ahead of you and everything you saw opened like a book to a new "world". I met some beings and for a few months 1-3 times per week I would meet them and help them with a fight against dark beings. The last time I helped them they told me that I would never know how important my help was and that I helped them tremendously. I woke up right after that just glowing and with an intense peaceful feeling. After that night I was unable to or didn't want to lucid dream anymore. I would here and there, but nothing consistent.

Over the years I have been through a full Kundalini Awakening and I have gone through quite a lot. I currently practice different types of Pranayama, Hatha Yoga, Theravada Buddhism meditations (jhanas, vipasanna, samatha) Dao Yin, and qigong (Spring Forest and 8 brocades). I started incorporating other mudras into my proactice such as kechari and recently over the past year got to the point where I could achieve very powerful "dream yoga". I have had unbelievable experiences in my dreams that seem to go into more of the ethereal realm from dream states is the only way I can describe it.

Problem: I never have nightmares. I do not eat many carbs so no sugar and have had a pretty consistent strict diet for many years without problems, so I rule out diet.

A few months ago in one dream I was approached by a male and female entity that were in lab coats that basically were telling me that they could at any time show me the darkest, most "evil" (in my perception) parts of consciousness and that things are not pretty. They basically told me that at any time they could do anything they wanted and there was nothing that I or anyone else could do about it. They were about to show me when they just laughed and faded away and I woke up sitting straight up in bed very frightened. I wrote it off as a bad dream even though it was pretty vivid. Until last night.

In the middle of my dreaming my back started to hurt. I all of the sudden felt like I was in between waking up from the pain and being pulled back into the dream without me choosing (it turns out this was ALL in the dream state). Then it felt like an entity took me and was shocking me with a very painful tazer or something electrical but different from being shocked by electricity. It was a very evil entity almost like pure eveil. The pain was all located at one very painful part of my back. It would not end. It would take me around to different landscapes across the universes and I felt like I was on a tilt-a-whirl if anyone knows of those old carnival rides. Basically just it was swinging me around in different directions and the background landscapes would sometimes change rapidly and other times stay the same way for a while. The pain inflicted was very painful, I was extremely conscious of this, it was very lucid and in many ways felt just as real as being awake, if not more so in different aspects. The pain was the exact same as if I was awake and being tortured.

I remember I kept on wondering "what is this" and "why is this happening to me" and I was very worried. I felt like I had died and went to hell was the only thing I could think of. The pain was unbearable/unimaginable and it seemed like it lasted for a few hours in "real-time", which is very long when going through this type of pain. I did not know what to think but didn't have a choice to keep my mind on one though as the intense pain was the only thing I could concentrate on. I though it was going to go on forever but it eventually subsided and I eventually woke up. I remember waking up I immediately was relieved that it was a dream, but my back was sore in the exact same spot I was getting the pain. It was numb and doesn't hurt too bad, but I can definitely still feel it now 22 hours later. I checked my bed to see if there was anything that could be poking me but there was not. I also was extremely depressed and could not get back to sleep. For the rest of the night I just sat up in my bed extremely depressed focusing in on all that is bad in our world, and in my personal life, which is not much. Things I have had never had a problem with all of the sudden started bothering me. It is like reality does not exist for me anymore and I am terrified that reality will just dissipate and that I will go back to that state that I was in. That I cannot control what happens to me and I am not only depressed but frightened as well.

This was by far the worst, most terrifying, scariest moment of my entire life. By far!

I have not shed a single tear for 5 years, and I have almost broken down 10 times today. I still feel extremely depressed (which is very odd for me), and I have no idea what to do. People are usually very attracted to me but today animals and people have been treating me abnormal, and when I video chatted with my 21 month old niece who has always freaked out with happiness when she gets to see me, she just saw me and started crying.

Something has changed, I do not know what to do and do not know why this has happened to me. I ruled out back spasm or other outside pain being amplified through dream state because it was way too intense and I felt "trapped" in the dream. Also, that would not explain the deep depression I am going through. I really am looking for any insight anyone can provide.

Thank you and I really hope nobody here ever has to go through anything like this ever, it was the worst experience ever.

Snaggle

Re: Problem: Being stuck in dream being tortured

Postby Snaggle » 08 Mar 2014 15:25

I am trying to make this short, but in the middle of one lucid dream I was having my dream "opened-up" almost like if you were looking ahead of you and everything you saw opened like a book to a new "world". I met some beings and for a few months 1-3 times per week I would meet them and help them with a fight against dark beings. The last time I helped them they told me that I would never know how important my help was and that I helped them tremendously. I woke up right after that just glowing and with an intense peaceful feeling...I have had unbelievable experiences in my dreams that seem to go into more of the ethereal realm from dream states is the only way I can describe it.

These are entirely dream experiences, but you're treating them as "real", which is leading to your problem...
A few months ago in one dream I was approached by a male and female entity that were in lab coats that basically were telling me that they could at any time show me the darkest, most "evil" (in my perception) parts of consciousness and that things are not pretty. They basically told me that at any time they could do anything they wanted and there was nothing that I or anyone else could do about it.

In my experience, I can do all night lucid dreams with unbroken consciousness from the awake state, one always experiences both dreams and nightmares. That you "never experience nightmares" means that you're suppressing them. Something that's suppressed does not go away, it spontaneously returns with greater force. You're also having the common place lucid dream experience of intensified emotions, which unfortunately applies both to pleasant and terrible emotions. Because you're treating Dream Characters as real "entities" and the dreamscapes as alternate worlds these emotions are wrapping themselves around your Dream Characters and dreamscapes. Emotional intensity decreases with lucid dream experience, just as in the real world the intensity of emotion has decreased from when you were an infant. In lucid dreams one must gain new emotional maturity all over again.

Your Dream characters are just that and nothing more, they have only the power you've given them.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Theravada

Postby Theravada » 09 Mar 2014 20:37

Snaggle wrote:
I am trying to make this short, but in the middle of one lucid dream I was having my dream "opened-up" almost like if you were looking ahead of you and everything you saw opened like a book to a new "world". I met some beings and for a few months 1-3 times per week I would meet them and help them with a fight against dark beings. The last time I helped them they told me that I would never know how important my help was and that I helped them tremendously. I woke up right after that just glowing and with an intense peaceful feeling...I have had unbelievable experiences in my dreams that seem to go into more of the ethereal realm from dream states is the only way I can describe it.

These are entirely dream experiences, but you're treating them as "real", which is leading to your problem...
A few months ago in one dream I was approached by a male and female entity that were in lab coats that basically were telling me that they could at any time show me the darkest, most "evil" (in my perception) parts of consciousness and that things are not pretty. They basically told me that at any time they could do anything they wanted and there was nothing that I or anyone else could do about it.

In my experience, I can do all night lucid dreams with unbroken consciousness from the awake state, one always experiences both dreams and nightmares. That you "never experience nightmares" means that you're suppressing them. Something that's suppressed does not go away, it spontaneously returns with greater force. You're also having the common place lucid dream experience of intensified emotions, which unfortunately applies both to pleasant and terrible emotions. Because you're treating Dream Characters as real "entities" and the dreamscapes as alternate worlds these emotions are wrapping themselves around your Dream Characters and dreamscapes. Emotional intensity decreases with lucid dream experience, just as in the real world the intensity of emotion has decreased from when you were an infant. In lucid dreams one must gain new emotional maturity all over again.

Your Dream characters are just that and nothing more, they have only the power you've given them.

I have reservations about your synopsis for a few reasons, I guess it is very difficult to describe on my behalf. However, you seem pretty sure with your response, is there any way you could give me your opinion on what to do to never have this happen to me again? I cannot repeat enough how unpleasant it was.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Mar 2014 02:51

I just want to say that I read your post yesterday, but didn't have a response.
I still have no answer.

But sometimes it's nice to at least hear that someone else listened and feels for you.

There are some very profound, mysterious experiences we can have, in dreams, lucid dreams, or even in waking life, and I don't have an answer for you. But at least you know someone else out there is listening. That's all I can offer.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 10 Mar 2014 12:06

I have reservations about your synopsis for a few reasons, I guess it is very difficult to describe on my behalf. However, you seem pretty sure with your response, is there any way you could give me your opinion on what to do to never have this happen to me again? I cannot repeat enough how unpleasant it was.

Theravada, I thought you explained it very well. You had a very vanilla vivid nightmare experience that most experienced lucid dreamers have had or even those with merely the Old Hag experience. Being powerless against some entity or against an intense emotion and being trapped in the nightmare are vanilla aspects of these type of nightmares and so is being tortured and having it feel just like real life = standard vivid nightmare whether lucid or not.

I repeat when lucid dreaming at first you're like a little child and subject to over intense emotions and have no control over them. One has to repeat childhood and gain emotional control in dreams. One always has both dreams and nightmares if one is lucid throughout the night while asleep.One will always have more vivid and lucid nightmares if you continue to lucid dream, but as you gain emotional control you'll no longer be helplessly controlled by the nightmare or trapped in it.

Your response to it has been pretty bad. When one has had one of these experiences either in a dream or in real life one needs to experience every moment the joy of not being in them. One is ultimately only as happy as one decides to be. One will also always experience fear both in dreams or out of them, but is only as cowardly as one decides to be. Your choices are simple either you continue to be afraid of this experience in which case you'll be afraid to fall asleep, be an insomiac and actually incubate more and maybe worse of these nightmares or to rise above the intense emotion you've felt. Whatever you're afraid of enslaves you and being enslaved by dream characters is silly - all dream characters even the scary ones should be your slaves when you're lucid.

As for feeling pain afterwards, there are always mysterious pains one experiences and they can happen while one is sleeping.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 10 Mar 2014 21:31

If you focus on an area of your body for a prolonged time, that area will continue to feel numb and weird for a short time after. From what I have experienced with pain in dreams, it can feel just like that, like a prolonged electrical pulse to the area you have pain in the dream. It sounds like you had an extreme case in your nightmare, and it could actually be dangerous and very real if it's doing that for long amounts of time. I am not a doctor though.

EDIT: If you have this kind of nightmare again, try to focus somewhere else that is not feeling the pain, focusing somewhere else may distract your brain from that area and stop the pain faster.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Do a reality check

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 11 Mar 2014 00:12

Sending you lots of cyber love and comfort.

This sounds like a real dark night of the soul experience. I Imagine you are familiar with the term? A collapse of all your perceived beliefs and understandings in one horrific nightmare experience plunging you into a depression and highlighting these very painful aspects of your self. One thing that struck me was that you said you had not shed a tear for 5 years. That's a long time not to cry. And a huge release forced upon you by your own psyche as you break down 10 times a day.

May i ask, you are involved in some pretty intense spiritual practices. Do you have a support network? For eg a teacher of dream yoga, which i don't know much about, but enough to know it is something only fully practiced through guidance.

This experience is all part of your own psyche. Nothing 'out there' is out to get you. It's a harsh invitation into a dialogue with some very dark aspects of yourself. It's the dark side of the moon, the flip side to the beauty you have experienced in dreams when you were 'working' with the good beings to help the fight against the bad beings. This is all within you too. It sounds like you placed great meaning on the experience that left you glowing and peaceful (perhaps thought it to be real) and there is nothing wrong with placing meaning on experience, but perhaps we hand over too much power when we actualise the meaning we place on these mystical elements of self. The mystic is a poetry to me, and comes with both darkness and light, I love working with it, but I don't take it to be real...I guess the challenge is to remain logical and grounded within the spiritual elements of the human psyche...which are a part of our collective makeup whether we like it or not.

I really feel like you'd do well to talk to someone face to face. Like i said, one of your teachers perhaps? You are not the first to go through such nightmares. And this will all be overcome.

How have you been since you posted here?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2014 11:34

Theravada wrote:New to this board, I did not know where to go to ask for help on this problem and figured this would be a great place to start my research. I had a very intense experience last night and am seeking help, advice, or other resources to help me with my problem.

Sorry this is so long, I really want to get a concise response from other members here. If this is too long and boring please skip to the Problem section of this post.

Background: I have always had fairly intense dreams, but they changed in my late teens. I would have dreams that would show me the solutions to problems I was having very detailed. For example, one time someone stole an expensive piece of electronic equipment from me and I had a very vivid dream of who did it. I found out a few days later that exactly what happened in my dream happened in real life and caught the thief red handed. Things like that started to happen regularly and I often would have dreams about problems with friends, call them up when I woke and they would be astounded that I knew of different things.

I started going through what best is described as a "Kundalini Awakening" and when I first went through it all I even would have dreams telling me to Google search certain terms I was unfamiliar with that helped me along my journey. In my early twenties I started lucid dreaming and actually back then did it for "fun" many nights, I was actually quite good. I am trying to make this short, but in the middle of one lucid dream I was having my dream "opened-up" almost like if you were looking ahead of you and everything you saw opened like a book to a new "world". I met some beings and for a few months 1-3 times per week I would meet them and help them with a fight against dark beings. The last time I helped them they told me that I would never know how important my help was and that I helped them tremendously. I woke up right after that just glowing and with an intense peaceful feeling. After that night I was unable to or didn't want to lucid dream anymore. I would here and there, but nothing consistent.

Over the years I have been through a full Kundalini Awakening and I have gone through quite a lot. I currently practice different types of Pranayama, Hatha Yoga, Theravada Buddhism meditations (jhanas, vipasanna, samatha) Dao Yin, and qigong (Spring Forest and 8 brocades). I started incorporating other mudras into my proactice such as kechari and recently over the past year got to the point where I could achieve very powerful "dream yoga". I have had unbelievable experiences in my dreams that seem to go into more of the ethereal realm from dream states is the only way I can describe it.

Problem: I never have nightmares. I do not eat many carbs so no sugar and have had a pretty consistent strict diet for many years without problems, so I rule out diet.

A few months ago in one dream I was approached by a male and female entity that were in lab coats that basically were telling me that they could at any time show me the darkest, most "evil" (in my perception) parts of consciousness and that things are not pretty. They basically told me that at any time they could do anything they wanted and there was nothing that I or anyone else could do about it. They were about to show me when they just laughed and faded away and I woke up sitting straight up in bed very frightened. I wrote it off as a bad dream even though it was pretty vivid. Until last night.

In the middle of my dreaming my back started to hurt. I all of the sudden felt like I was in between waking up from the pain and being pulled back into the dream without me choosing (it turns out this was ALL in the dream state). Then it felt like an entity took me and was shocking me with a very painful tazer or something electrical but different from being shocked by electricity. It was a very evil entity almost like pure eveil. The pain was all located at one very painful part of my back. It would not end. It would take me around to different landscapes across the universes and I felt like I was on a tilt-a-whirl if anyone knows of those old carnival rides. Basically just it was swinging me around in different directions and the background landscapes would sometimes change rapidly and other times stay the same way for a while. The pain inflicted was very painful, I was extremely conscious of this, it was very lucid and in many ways felt just as real as being awake, if not more so in different aspects. The pain was the exact same as if I was awake and being tortured.

I remember I kept on wondering "what is this" and "why is this happening to me" and I was very worried. I felt like I had died and went to hell was the only thing I could think of. The pain was unbearable/unimaginable and it seemed like it lasted for a few hours in "real-time", which is very long when going through this type of pain. I did not know what to think but didn't have a choice to keep my mind on one though as the intense pain was the only thing I could concentrate on. I though it was going to go on forever but it eventually subsided and I eventually woke up. I remember waking up I immediately was relieved that it was a dream, but my back was sore in the exact same spot I was getting the pain. It was numb and doesn't hurt too bad, but I can definitely still feel it now 22 hours later. I checked my bed to see if there was anything that could be poking me but there was not. I also was extremely depressed and could not get back to sleep. For the rest of the night I just sat up in my bed extremely depressed focusing in on all that is bad in our world, and in my personal life, which is not much. Things I have had never had a problem with all of the sudden started bothering me. It is like reality does not exist for me anymore and I am terrified that reality will just dissipate and that I will go back to that state that I was in. That I cannot control what happens to me and I am not only depressed but frightened as well.

This was by far the worst, most terrifying, scariest moment of my entire life. By far!

I have not shed a single tear for 5 years, and I have almost broken down 10 times today. I still feel extremely depressed (which is very odd for me), and I have no idea what to do. People are usually very attracted to me but today animals and people have been treating me abnormal, and when I video chatted with my 21 month old niece who has always freaked out with happiness when she gets to see me, she just saw me and started crying.

Something has changed, I do not know what to do and do not know why this has happened to me. I ruled out back spasm or other outside pain being amplified through dream state because it was way too intense and I felt "trapped" in the dream. Also, that would not explain the deep depression I am going through. I really am looking for any insight anyone can provide.

Thank you and I really hope nobody here ever has to go through anything like this ever, it was the worst experience ever.

Dear Theravada.

Ive been throu what you are going throu right now. Ive been throu some hellish kundalini awakening which I werent ready for (mine almost killed me, lots of other advanced teachers/shamans/masters/yogis had to step in and get involved. I was a mess!!). If you are experiencing awakening too fast and its causing you too manhy problems, you will need to slow down on your meditations and your spiritual practices. Im wondering if you are under a good teacher?

Secondly.. Im wondering if you are protecting yourself. I used to have a belief it wasnt needed as I thought I was naturally protected by love, light and my own karma (always making sure I did right). Turned out I was very wrong. After my kundalini started awakening.. I went throu hell as other not so nice things didnt like my light/energy (you start glowing like a lightbulb and can be very noticed). I was badly attacked by lots of different beings, I even became a target for an occultic group at one point. Things out there try to stop one from further growing (esp if you have karmic stuff attached to one from other lifetimes, it can all come forth to be cleared bringing you in contact with other beings from other times/places/dimensions).

Thirdly.. too fast kundalini awakening can cause an issue known as kundalini syndrome. With this all kinds of issues can manifest and it can cause issues on ANY LEVEL eg the physical, emotional, mental and there can be backlash.

Im worried thou that if those beings were real. They may of actually done something to you. Ever heard of etheric implants? Some beings will use implants to try to hold a person spiritually back eg they can use them to change a persons emotional state or to do other things from them. Is there anyway they got to your back? Where you protected that night? (If implants are involved a spiritual healer who can see these things may be able to help.. just make sure its one working in the light (so you need to go by feel, if the person feels right to work on you) as there are some so called healers out there who arent and will just go and mess a person up more.. even possibly adding new negative implants to a person).

Anyway.. I dont know what is causing your emotional state, the kundalini awakening or they did something to you. Im still dealing with my own stuff here (my physical health is destroyed, 43 and Im now have to use a wheelchair) and not doing psychic healings at the moment. Best advice I can give you is to speak to your spiritual/psychic/yogic teacher (I hope you have one) or seek out someone who can do spiritual/interdimensional healing to work out what is wrong in your case.

:) I was helping the angels for a time while OBE.. had some awesome experiences during that eg we worked on the energies at a prison one time. So I understand where you are coming from.

Namaste
Tania

ps feel free to message me if you want to talk more
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2014 11:46

I forgot to say.. if they were other beings and it wasnt just a dream. Next time anything like this occurs.. get rid of them!! dream or not.. Do not allow them to put fear into you (that is what the lower beings like to do). Protect yourself and order then to leave your space and your home (protect your house too, you may want to consider doing a house clearing. I always do if something like that occurs. If you need instructions on how to go about doing a house cleaning.. pm me and I'll share).

Most negative beings are easy to get rid of, thou those with the lab coats sound like the star kind (beings from other planets)...there is a race of those who are known for wearing lab coats but I cant think right now what race. What did these beings look like exactly? (of the other planetary/galaxy kind..Ive had run ins with greys, reptilians and another star race). I prefer run ins with other realm beings (succubuses and that) then those. Like you were tortured.. the reptilians tortured me when I was astral ..with a lazer thing they applied to my head.. they used it to cut around my crown chakra (trying to damage me). I was screaming and screaming, they'd torture me till I almost passed out stopping so I wouldnt but then just start torturing me again.

So I really understand what you are going throu. Order then to leave, direct love (focus on your heart while you do it... think of something which makes you feel it and then direct it straight at them) and light (bring "divine" light ..think of it as being divine and not just that it is light, down throu your crown and then run it out throu your hands straight at them. Do not think "I want to hurt you" while doing this (thou it will hurt them).. really try to feel love. Most beings will flee or back off at that. (if all fails call for help from whoever you use and if needed from other Masters you may not have ever called upon before. That has worked for me when all else failed when I came across a real bad ass demon from ancient Egypt after I'd messed with things I shouldnt have done). I also like to call for my higher and interdimensional selves for help and my angels and then let myself be guided.

best luck

its all just part of the growth.. gaining mastery in learning how to deal with bad stuff so it doesnt overpower you. Let me know if you dont have anyone else to turn too eg a teacher or a healer with all this (are you doing all your yogi stuff throu someone who knows what they are doing? do you have a spiritual/psychic teacher?). There is more I probably could do to help you if I have too (but I prefer not too as Im not currently wanting to be dealing with that stuff again or taking on a student..but sometimes the universe I know has other plans.

I just had another thought. If these were real beings and it wasnt just a vivid dream, there is also the possibility if there is karmic stuff going on between you and them, that too can bring up old past life energies which can emotionally impact (some do quite majorally). Have you started to remember past lives yet? I think most who go throu kundalini rising at some point will get old emotional energies coming up from past lives, these can be triggered off by an event this life.. eg meeting someone or something (some being) or a situation. So maybe your depression after that experience may not even be something they did to you but may be something else like that. Energy coming up for cleaning, if it was that, that would be good thing.

Lastly.. there is something called reprecussion. Very rare (I only know of a few people this has happened too) but it is possible to be hurt or made sick by "a dream" (this only I think tends to happen when someone reaches a certain stage of energy body development and ones own "thoughtforms" are carrying a lot of strength to manifest/create. If you are good at manifestation you could have this issue occur). This works by a persons own thought causing damage in the energy body which can instantly cause an issue in the physical body. (this is how people have been known to manifest a burn on ones skin after being hypnotised and poked with something like a pencil .. and how cases of Stigmata is caused http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmata ). I once had a large area of my arm swell up for days after I was cut in that area during a dream with a sword... the dream was an intense one and my belief I'd been cut.. impacted upon my physical body.. damaging my etheric in my arm area.. it would of been "leaking" energy.. which then lead to swelling.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2014 12:30

Sorry for all the posts.. i dislike long ones and thought of something else other then just making sure you are protected, which would be good for your case no matter what the cause of your emotional shift.

Have you got a meditation you do in which crown chakra and heart chakra energies are boosted and combined which you do and which cleanses your other chakras and energy body? Let me know if you dont do one of those and I'll send you a copy of mine (on the promise you wont share it anywhere as it is a meditation and technique Im not supposed to give out to anyone, my yogi teacher is deceased so its a promise I dont reallly know now where I stand on this now). If you do already do a meditation along that line.. please share with me what energy you are bringing in throu your crown with it as I may be able to give you an energy to use which is better for the emotional body and cleaning that.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”