Dream or Sleep Paralysis

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Dream or Sleep Paralysis

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 08 Mar 2014 17:00

Hey guys this is my first post in a while. What I am about to share with you still has me really confused.

So this morning I woke up and checked my clock, like usual, it said 6:37. Immediately after my vision basically "exploded". I use that word because there was an extremely bright flash with a few colors like white red and blue. My vision then went completely white with a loud ringing in my ear. I was thinking to myself okay this is just a really strange sleep paralysis, keep calm. Through the whiteness I saw the face of someone who looked like Mr. Clean haha. I was able to move a bit to the left. I then made one final push to the left and opened my eyes. I was able to move, however right as I opened my eyes, I saw a very dark figure dissipate.

This isn't the confusing part. The confusing part was when I checked my clock and it said 7:45. As I said in the beginning, my clock originally said 6:37. So what happened? Was I possibly dreaming I had sleep paralysis? Another thing that hit me about ten minutes after I woke up was, how did I move to check my clock, but then be in sleep paralysis?

Any answers would be appreciated.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

Re: Dream or Sleep Paralysis

Postby HAGART » 08 Mar 2014 21:18

I sometimes get up and look at my clock then relax again and feel any number of strange sensations. I realize after the fact that it was a false awakening and the strange sensations had to do with REM muscle atonia.

So I'd say it was a false awakening followed by you being mentally alert as your body was about to enter a dream again. If you remain calm it can lead to a WILD, or other times I simply get up and start walking around and I can start a lucid dream from my own bed (which I suppose is still basically a WILD).

I get those about 2 times a month, but I think that's what it was. Each time it can be different and although I haven't seen Mr. Clean before, I can relate to what happened. :lol:
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”