Why do you lucid dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Why do you lucid dream

Experiential purposes ( e.g. flying, breathing underwater)
43%
Learning about your self
22%
Talking to your subconscious
17%
Overcoming fear or other strong emotions
No votes
As a gateway to OOBE's, astral projections or to another dimension/universe :O
9%
Trying to learn things about the nature of the universe
9%

Total votes: 23

Jackson

Why do you lucid dream?

Postby Jackson » 10 Mar 2014 04:06

*points at title* I am not sure if this has been addressed before on this forum but I would like to know. If the options on the poll don't match why then write why in a reply below.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Last edited by Jackson on 10 Mar 2014 16:54, edited 2 times in total.

GalMutzafy

Re: Why do you lucid dream?

Postby GalMutzafy » 10 Mar 2014 06:45

I can't choose only one option, because on the one hand I want to do some amazing stuff that is impossible in the real world such as flying and etc, but I want so badly to ask my sub-conscious questions about myself and maybe the future, it's so fascinating.

So I guess I'll not vote, but if I could two times I would vote for the first two options.
Last edited by GalMutzafy on 10 Mar 2014 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 10 Mar 2014 16:52

There now you can vote for two :lol:

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 11 Mar 2014 03:45

I started doing it due to experimental reasons, now I'm at a stage of my journey where I am using it to discover more about the dreamworld.
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Mar 2014 10:13

One of the biggest reasons people do it isnt on your list.

Just for fun!
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HeadlessScorpio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 17 Mar 2014 22:24

taniaaust1 wrote:One of the biggest reasons people do it isnt on your list.

Just for fun!

The most common reason is fun
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Mar 2014 23:23

I was thinking about this lately. Often online people talk about grandiose spiritual awareness or enlightenment, and improving your self spiritually... yada, yada.....

Most of the time my lucid dreams are purely recreational and entertaining. If I happen to be moved by one, overcome a fear, or if one makes me question a deeper meaning in life, then so be it. But most of the time, fun is the main objective.

I do delve deeper and question why does anyone do anything at all in life, and the answer is self-satisfaction. I could be in a lucid dream, eating a mountain of chocolate cake, having fun, but still wonder why I do it, and what do I truly desire in life. Eating cake is just filling a void in myself because I am mentally, or 'spiritually' unfulfilled. I can eat all I want, but still be hungry, and never feel full. :ugeek:

BUT I DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT A MOUNTAIN OF CAKE AND IT TRULY IS FUN, and right now that's what I do mostly, but starting to question... what else is there? (I use cake as a metaphor for ANY desire.... will I ever feel full and satisfied, or will there always be another one just over the horizon?)

Yada, Yada,.... spirituality... online...yada, yada....... I've become one myself, I know!
(I can't help it. I want my cake, eat it too, and still want something more!) but I don't know what it is right now..... but feel lucid dreams will help me).

But it will forever be mostly for fun 90% of the time. :D
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 21 Mar 2014 17:58

HeadlessScorpio wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:One of the biggest reasons people do it isnt on your list.

Just for fun!

The most common reason is fun

Well actually, the "experiential purposes" is for just that. it constitutes flying, and doing things that are fun and impossible in waking reality. For example, why do you eat a mountain of cake HAGART.? For fun, because it is impossible in waking reality and it gives you a nice experience. Experience. Experiential :lol:

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 21 Mar 2014 19:47

I do it because its cool and fun. Lately though I've been trying to ask my dream to help me invent something. I had one LD where I asked "What should I invent?" I woke up though.... who knows maybe ill be rich soon lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image
What is your definition of reality?

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 21 Mar 2014 19:54

dreamerinmiami wrote:I do it because its cool and fun. Lately though I've been trying to ask my dream to help me invent something. I had one LD where I asked "What should I invent?" I woke up though.... who knows maybe ill be rich soon lol

[ Post made via Android ] Image

I have to say that is a very original idea!
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”