Effects of cannabis on recall?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
What?!

Effects of cannabis on recall?

Postby What?! » 12 Mar 2014 11:54

Do any of you have experience with this?
I read the book "Are You Dreaming?" by Daniel Love (can highly recommend it!), in which it suggests nicotine can increase dream intensity, but I haven't been able to find anything on cannabis so far. It seems (in my experience) it makes my dreams more vivid but, paradoxically, decreases my recall in the morning.

What?!

Re: Effects of cannabis on recall?

Postby What?! » 12 Mar 2014 11:56

I did find this article by the way: http://lucidguide.com/dream-articles/does-marijuana-affect-dreaming

MAKER

Postby MAKER » 12 Mar 2014 19:13

I have no experience with nicotine increasing dream vividness, although I have heard that it does work in that respect. I have heard that nicotine and red sumac have similar effects on dream vividness, but Valerian Root and 5-HTP have stronger effects (I'm actually going to be picking some up later this afternoon.)

As for cannabis, I can say that it decreases dream recall substantially. A couple years ago when I was in college, I smoked regularly and noticed that I never had any dreams (either I couldn't remember them, or I wasn't having them due to the cannabis' effect on the sleep cycle.) I can say from experience that I have never had a vivid, let alone a lucid, dream after I had used cannabis, but that's only my experience. I've also read a peer reviewed study that cannabis increases melatonin levels substantially, which deprives you of the valuable REM sleep. To the degree that it will effect your dream recall/REM sleep will depend greatly on your personal physiology and how much you intake along with how often.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 16 Mar 2014 05:39

Well I have had beautiful hypnogogia after a session, but generally it hasn't done much for my dreams.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

casey

Postby casey » 16 Mar 2014 06:55

I stopped smoking just so that i can have lucid dreams again. I can never remember my dreams when im smoking which was alot

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”