Is seeing believing? Not in dreams!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

Is seeing believing? Not in dreams!

Postby HAGART » 27 Apr 2012 04:33

I once had a short lucid dream that would be otherwise insignificant, but no matter how short, they always make me think....

Let me explain this short dream:

I realised I was dreaming, my brother was in a sleeping bag, sleeping near the t.v., and I showed him that I was lucid dreaming and raised a Ritz Cracker off the ground with my mind and exploded it in mid air. Then I turned to leave, and it faded and ended.

It was truly that short after becoming aware. Sounds like a failure, but I learned something.

That morning I thought about it as I was outside with my dogs in the morning. I placed a quarter on the ground, (a little smaller that a Ritz Cracker, but bare with me), and then I stepped away about ten feet or so which is what it felt like my distance was from the cracker in the dream. And I tried to see if I could discern what it was from that distance. I couldn't

THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD TELL IT WAS A RITZ CRACKER IN MY DREAM! HOW DID I KNOW?

In actuality it was just an orange round thing, and in fact, it was flourecent and emminating light. Why did I think it was a Ritz Cracker? BECAUSE I JUST KNEW IT!

So for me and I bet others, the visuals of a dream are not as concrete as waking life. When you meet someone in a dream that you never met before, do you remember what they look like? Me neither.

Sometimes objects don't look like it, they just feel like it. They have the impression of being it, and you truly believe that it is really what it is! But not because of 'sight'. Our eyelids are closed!

In a lucid dream, or any dream for that matter.... feeling is believing.

P.S. HOW DO BLIND PEOPLE DREAM? I KNOW THEY MUST!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

torakrubik

Re: Is seeing believing? Not in dreams!

Postby torakrubik » 28 Apr 2012 23:05

You make some good points :) btw I've heard that blind people dream normally, unless they have been blind from birth. In which case their dreams simply don't contain sight.
Dreaming is my drug

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 29 Apr 2012 17:20

Our dreams (and by extension, our projections) are a reflection upon how we perceive our reality.
If someone has no concept of "sight" (blind from birth), then they have no concept of "sight" with which to use in the non-physical (while dreaming or whatever).

They can still dream and project... it'll just be done using other concepts and metaphors that they have.

That's my two cents. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Apr 2012 20:23

Is seeing believing? Not in dreams. And sometimes not even in wakefulness...
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Apr 2012 21:44

I found an article about blind dreamers on this very site's homepage. It's in SEPTEMBER.

I just read it and agree. Which further shows that the feeling is more important than the 'sensory input'. I put in quotes because it is coming from within not external stimuli. But dreaming is mostly FEELING! Or is it not?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”