Can "natural" lucid dreaming be genetic?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Can "natural" lucid dreaming be genetic?

Postby esilemc00 » 24 Mar 2014 02:56

I start lucid dreaming in third grade, and I have several siblings, and my youngest sister in third grade told me about the dream she had a couple nights ago, her first lucid dream! She doesnt know that theres a name for it yet, but she acually tried some pretty cool stuff for a third grader, like trying to change wall colors, and better yet, managed to get punched in the face by arguing with a DC about whether or not she was dreaming. xD

But do you think lucid dreaming naturally can be like a trait that runs in familes?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Re: Can "natural" lucid dreaming be genetic?

Postby Dreamometer » 24 Mar 2014 03:37

On my opinion,either is genetic or it goes naturally for kids.i had sort of lucid dream when I was young and my 11 years old sister have LD few times a week,and sometimes almost every night. It likely that kids can get lucid easier than adults, kids are much more aware of everything,they're all about exploring and observing their environment, why wouldn't they do it in a dream?so,I think it has to be a combination of both,they probably need to be the "asking questions" kind (has to do with the genetic and environment they live in) and the explorers which most kids are.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Postby torakrubik » 25 Mar 2014 02:06

I don't know about genetics per se, but it's definitely true that there are certain people who have a gift for it.
Dreaming is my drug

Postby Kirito » 25 Mar 2014 03:32

Some are better than others at most things... I am more of a nurture vs nature for most everything. Even LDing.

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 25 Mar 2014 21:10

maybe if almost every human being was LDer it would become part of our DNA :)
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Mar 2014 02:09

Ive no idea. I dont recall a study ever being done on that. Some people certainly are more natural at it then others.

If LD is talked about in a family and believed, it would make it far easier for other family members to do or just experience esp the children.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”