How long Can A Lucid Dream Last?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
btifuldreamer

How long Can A Lucid Dream Last?

Postby btifuldreamer » 06 Apr 2014 11:11

I was just wandering, if you lucid dream for say, two hours, how long will that be in reality? I've always dreamed of lucid dreaming for like a whole day but if it's the same amount of time as in reality then my family will think i'm in a coma or something. So, how long is it possible to lucid dream and how long was your longest?Also, with REM phases and stuff, wouldn't that mean it's only possible to lucid dream for however long that phase is?

GalMutzafy

Re: How long Can A Lucid Dream Last?

Postby GalMutzafy » 06 Apr 2014 17:39

btifuldreamer wrote:I was just wandering, if you lucid dream for say, two hours, how long will that be in reality? I've always dreamed of lucid dreaming for like a whole day but if it's the same amount of time as in reality then my family will think i'm in a coma or something. So, how long is it possible to lucid dream and how long was your longest?Also, with REM phases and stuff, wouldn't that mean it's only possible to lucid dream for however long that phase is?

Every dream cycle is a hour and a half, which means you can't have that amount of time being in a dream (I'm almost positive of it).

And in a dream as Ive heard you could feel like the time is different, longer or shorter, but eventually a minute in a dream is a minute in real life.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 06 Apr 2014 22:12

I was once in a dream the was probably 2 hours but i felt like I was in there forever. I think as long as we don't have a legit clock around in the dream world and the dream sun keeps going up and down, we can make it seem like we've been in the dream world for a long time. Ive been wanting to try this theory for a while and see if I can feel like I lived through 2 "dream weeks" in 1 real hour without doing a time jump thing
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 07 Apr 2014 01:12

I highly doubt you can put yourself in a coma lucid dreaming. I've had a big range of lucid dream lengths and have experienced both dreams that seemed to last forever and dreams that seemed shorter than they actually were. I think the part of the brain that regulates time and order is probably impaired in the dream state (can anyone confirm this?), though it is another topic whether dream time actually exists and is different from waking reality time.
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Apr 2014 02:10

torakrubik wrote: I think the part of the brain that regulates time and order is probably impaired in the dream state (can anyone confirm this?), though it is another topic whether dream time actually exists and is different from waking reality time.

As time is really judged by senquences of events.. maybe that is the only real way of judging time.

My longest LD, I experienced dreaming I was there for 3 days. I got a bit afraid as I was trying to wake up by the second day due to being worried about how long my physical body had been dreaming for (worried my body may be dehydrating at home) but I was stuck in the LD and couldnt wake myself up no matter what I tried.

I have no idea how long it was in real life time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”