Was this a LD?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Nocturnal

Was this a LD?

Postby Nocturnal » 30 May 2011 18:17

If not, how could I have made it one?

All I remember is that I saw someone (I know) talking about how they are lucid. This prompted me to assume that I was lucid dreaming. Unfortunately, I was merely an observer and had no body. So I knew that I was lucid and in a dream, but I could not do anything. So I just observed a few moments longer before waking up.

Was this a LD? How could I have done awesome stuff w/o a body?

Thanks

Jonathan

Re: Was this a LD?

Postby Jonathan » 01 Jun 2011 04:30

Yeah, that was a LD.

Sometimes you have a body in a dream. In my case, it's usually my own body, but I could be playing the part of someone else sometimes. In other cases, it seems like I have no body, and I'm just sort of floating around observing things. In cases like this, if you want a body, you can try creating one and then fly into it so it becomes your own.

In a sense, you always have a body. If you can observe, what is it that you are observing from? Must be some kind of presence -- a body -- of some sort.

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 01 Jun 2011 04:36

Awesome. Any suggestions on how to create a body? I guess just practice? It was very exciting!

I look forward to this!!!! T'will be fun =-]

Perhaps a cool feature on this site would be a LD count on your profile? It would help me keep track of my own!

TY!

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 01 Jun 2011 04:40

Nocturnal wrote:Any suggestions on how to create a body?

I would just close my dream eyes, imagine a scene somewhere and imagine I have a body there, and then when I open my eyes I'll be there in my dream body. It's not just about thinking, it's about feeling it too, ya know? Yeah -- might take some practice. All this stuff does! But it's fun to see what happens either way. :)

It would be neat to have some sort of LD counter. I think with some time we may add more and more features to the forum.

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 01 Jun 2011 04:54

Awesome!

Also - Any ideas on how to calm yourself once you become lucid?

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 01 Jun 2011 05:01

If you're new to LD, the hardest part is just not getting excited when you realize you're actually dreaming. :lol:

But after doing it a few times, that huge burst of excitement can wear down. The best thing you can do is just try to remember to immediately start doing the techniques to help you stay in the dream, like rubbing your hands together. Check out this page for more tips: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-to-stay-lucid.html

Nocturnal

Postby Nocturnal » 01 Jun 2011 07:19

This is strange, because in my first LD, I was very calm, and followed many procedures, but now, I become ecstatic and lose myself!

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 06 Apr 2013 11:26

OMG, you are ancient members here. I just wanted to read very old forum haha :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”