Non-Lucid Lucid Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ImmaLDer

Non-Lucid Lucid Dream

Postby ImmaLDer » 19 Apr 2014 14:38

Yep, yep, yep, you read that correctly. I had a Non Lucid LD. At least, that what's it seemed. It happened today, a bit before I woke up at 5:28 AM.

Date: April 19
Total Sleep: So far, 6 hours
Daytime Techniques: Nose pinch, finger through hand, double check time
Lucid Techniques: None
Fell Asleep At: About 10:40
Dream Title: This is a dream?
Awake (1-15 waking life vividness): 13
Awareness (1-4): 2
Length (how long it FELT): 2 minutes
Emotions: Excitement, slight discomfort
Dream Signs: None
Dream: [Other part of dream before this happened.] However, as I was walking through the dark living room (which was lit with only the light of the bathroom), in the hallway to Mom's room, I started realizing this was a dream. "This is a dream!" I cheered. "This is a dream!" I turned away from Mom's door and looked into the living room, expecting something scary to pop up. Nothing.

I wasn't too bothered by that and sat on the leather couch near the vacuums. <Brother> was sitting on the chair and turned to faced me. "This is a dream, this is a dream, this is a dream..." I muttered to myself over and over again as I rubbed my hands. My right cheek felt as if a fist was permanently planted against it and when I tried to fix it, vividness of the dream started fading fast. I was aware of the fading dream too and repeatedly rubbed my hands together to maintain the dream with no success. I stopped tried to fix my face and the blackness faded away and I returned to the dream. "This is a dream, this is a dream..." I kept whispering, rubbing my hands. After a while, I tried fixing my face again, but it still faded. I tried maintaining it, only to wake up. It was not a lucid dream.
[End]

Here's the weird part... I felt like 2 souls in one body. One soul was me, in bed, experiencing what dreamself me is experiencing.
Dreamself: Realized he was dreaming.
Me: Realized dreamself was dreaming.
Dreamself: Failed to do a reality check, but decided to stabilize dream.
Me: Watching dreamself stabilize dream.
Dreamself: Still stabilizing dream.
Me: Trying to fix face. Stops when I realize dream is fading.

I think I was half awake and half asleep.
What is this? I was very close to a LD, but didn't get one.
When I woke up, I immediately wrote down the dream and attempted FILD. Just before I was about to slip into Sleep Paralysis, audible hypnagogia kicked in. I heard my Dad very loudly and very aggressively screaming my name. That startled me awake and I couldn't relax enough to FILD or WILD anymore.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Snaggle

Re: Non-Lucid Lucid Dream

Postby Snaggle » 20 Apr 2014 07:27

Here's the weird part... I felt like 2 souls in one body. One soul was me, in bed, experiencing what dreamself me is experiencing.
Dreamself: Realized he was dreaming.
Me: Realized dreamself was dreaming.
Dreamself: Failed to do a reality check, but decided to stabilize dream.
Me: Watching dreamself stabilize dream.
Dreamself: Still stabilizing dream.
Me: Trying to fix face. Stops when I realize dream is fading.

I think I was half awake and half asleep.

This seems pretty much like a vanilla NREM lucid dream. Being aware of both your real body and your dream body is also very common in NREM LD, though the NREM LD can also be vivid enough to suck one completely into the dream.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HeadlessScorpio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 21 Apr 2014 00:21

Maybe you were rubbing your face in real life which was waking you up

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

ImmaLDer

Postby ImmaLDer » 21 Apr 2014 03:31

HeadlessScorpio wrote:Maybe you were rubbing your face in real life which was waking you up

Not the case. Like I said before, I could feel my body in bed and the body in the dream. Bed-Body me was not touching my face at all (a pillow wasn't either). It was a very weird distraction for my dreamself, which ultimately caused the dream to collapse and fade away.

Snaggle wrote:This seems pretty much like a vanilla NREM lucid dream. Being aware of both your real body and your dream body is also very common in NREM LD, though the NREM LD can also be vivid enough to suck one completely into the dream.

Hmm, that's very interesting. I find this as progress though, having a non-lucid lucid dream. At least, my dreamself was.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Apr 2014 01:40

I heard my Dad very loudly and very aggressively screaming my name. That startled me awake

I think that would distract most.

Your experience makes me think of some of my WILDs. At times I'll be dreaming at the same time as having physical body awareness so will have this split consciousness thing going on at first. The observer you which is still aware of the physical body and observing with the other, can end up merging with the dreaming self and hopefully bring full lucid dreaming to things at that point.

When this split consciousness is going on.. the dream self may or may not be lucid itself.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”