Body reactions to the dream, after waking up

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Highlander

Body reactions to the dream, after waking up

Postby Highlander » 19 Apr 2014 15:35

It's funny how the body still reacts on actions on the dream, even after we wake up.

Today i dreamt i was attacked by a snake. The snake jumped at me and bit me on the left side of my neck. I woke up imediately and i still was feeling the bite and a nerve on that side of my neck was twitching for about 10 seconds.
The mind and the power of suggestion is a very powerful thing.

Jigsaw79

Re: Body reactions to the dream, after waking up

Postby Jigsaw79 » 22 Apr 2014 13:31

I also had kind of the same thing happen to me. A nurse stuck a needle in my arm, and I woke up feeling it in the same place. Dreams are weird, man. :lol:

poseidon

Postby poseidon » 15 Mar 2015 22:26

i dreamt that i woke up in my bed and got the phone on my hand. then i left it on the bed and woke up for real... i was trying to catch the phone but nope it wasnt there xD

[ Post made via Android ] Image

astrovineyard

Postby astrovineyard » 15 Mar 2015 23:59

Highlander wrote:It's funny how the body still reacts on actions on the dream, even after we wake up.

Today i dreamt i was attacked by a snake. The snake jumped at me and bit me on the left side of my neck. I woke up imediately and i still was feeling the bite and a nerve on that side of my neck was twitching for about 10 seconds.
The mind and the power of suggestion is a very powerful thing.

I had a dream very similar to this many years ago. I was walking onto the porch of my parent's house. When I reached for the screen door handle I noticed a snake on the ground. With no time to react, it jumped up and but my wrist and I was instantly zapped awake by this sensation. I also felt a sort of pain for almost a minute afterward. I concluded that I had not hit my hand, and anyway, how would I know to dream up a snake to bite me BEFORE I felt the pain from hitting my hand that my dreaming brain would need to explain? Perhaps it was a muscle twitch or spasm?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”