Using Lucid Dreams to Change what you look like

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
btifuldreamer

Using Lucid Dreams to Change what you look like

Postby btifuldreamer » 25 Apr 2014 11:25

When you are non lucid, and unable to clearly see yourself in a mirror, will that change when you become lucid? If so, couldn't you use that to say, change your hairstyle and experiment with short hair or long hair, so if you want to get a haircut in waking life, you can just test it in a lucid dream :D This could also work with seeing what you look like with abs, being fat or skinny and it could further inspire you. So, is this possible?

Xtreme_Walrus

Re: Using Lucid Dreams to Change what you look like

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 26 Apr 2014 05:11

Yeah definitely, that is if your appearance isn't completely messed up. I don't want to frighten you but people have seen scary stuff looking in the mirror. In my only experience while lucid I looked in a mirror and I looked extremely tired (like 3 bags under each eye) so it may not be exact. But yeah you should experiment with it.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

taniaaust1

Re: Using Lucid Dreams to Change what you look like

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Apr 2014 05:14

I personally think that would be harder then you are currently thinking right now due to when we study ourselves in a LD we often dont look the same.. hence why looking at hands is often used for reality checking as things morph in dreams.

So to see a hair cut on you, how you are physically looking right now, could be quite difficult.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”