Using Lucid Dreams to Change what you look like

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
btifuldreamer

Using Lucid Dreams to Change what you look like

Postby btifuldreamer » 25 Apr 2014 11:26

When you are non lucid, and unable to clearly see yourself in a mirror, will that change when you become lucid? If so, couldn't you use that to say, change your hairstyle and experiment with short hair or long hair, so if you want to get a haircut in waking life, you can just test it in a lucid dream :D This could also work with seeing what you look like with abs, being fat or skinny and it could further inspire you. So, is this possible?

imaginecinema

Re: Using Lucid Dreams to Change what you look like

Postby imaginecinema » 25 Apr 2014 15:20

Absolutely (in fact, it's possible because I've done this before, but not in the exact detailed way that you're describing though). I think that overcoming our physical insecurities by realizing our goals for our own appearances by experiencing them through a simulated reality can be very therapeutic in helping us become satisfied with who we are in real life, because we know that we have a potential to become more beautiful over time. Kudos on you for thinking of creative ways to play around with the power of lucid dreaming.
Last edited by imaginecinema on 26 Apr 2014 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 25 Apr 2014 23:43

Cool. I have to try that.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 10 May 2014 08:59

I don't know why this topic duplicated but I'll just use this one.
by taniaaust1 » 26 Apr 2014 00:14

I personally think that would be harder then you are currently thinking right now due to when we study ourselves in a LD we often dont look the same.. hence why looking at hands is often used for reality checking as things morph in dreams.

So to see a hair cut on you, how you are physically looking right now, could be quite difficult.

That post^^ is copied from the duplicated post just in case this confuses anyone.

Yeah that's what i thought. If i want to try a different haircut my thoughts might subconsciously mold my face to suit the hairstyle to make me happy. When you realize you're dreaming, do your hands become normal and can you see your reflection in the mirror?
imaginecinema wrote:Absolutely (in fact, it's possible because I've done this before, but not in the exact detailed way that you're describing though). I think that overcoming our physical insecurities by realizing our goals for our own appearances by experiencing them through a simulated reality can be very therapeutic in helping us become satisfied with who we are in real life, because we know that we have a potential to become more beautiful over time. Kudos on you for thinking of creative ways to play around with the power of lucid dreaming.

Awesome! Glad it worked for you. Did it work well? I'm sure it's not impossible to do this, after all, anything's possible in a lucid dream. :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”