Problems with controlling my lucid dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
beadietux

Problems with controlling my lucid dream

Postby beadietux » 23 May 2014 09:13

Hello, It's been a long time since I've been on here. I first posted at least a couple of years ago when I accidentally had a lucid dream that freaked me the hell out, so I googled what it was to "be awake during a dream" and learned that what I was doing was lucid dreaming. Anyway, since that fateful day when I majorly kicked some Jacob's Ladder demon/zombie's ass, I have developed my skill to the point that I know when I can have a lucid dream and when it won't happen, and I can pretty easily set my intentions to have one during the day, and it will happen that night. My problem now is CONTROLLING my dreamscape and not losing lucidity. My last lucid dream was SO vivid in that it felt so real that I did several reality checks to make for sure that I was actually dreaming. But once I established that it was indeed a dream, I could barely do anything else. I couldn't change my dreamscape and I couldn't conjure up DC's. This ALWAYS happens to me, and it's so frustrating because my dreamscapes are boring as fuck. One time I went into outer space, and it looked like a 3rd grader's art project! All cardboard planets with labels on them against a black surface. How fucking boring is that? This last one had me stuck in a Toys R Us and all I could do was bounce around and fly in the store...I couldn't get out. I lost interest and just drifted off into non-lucid lala land. Anyway, for you experienced lucid dreamers, I'm just looking for some advice to take it to the next level. Thanks!

GalMutzafy

Re: Problems with controlling my lucid dream

Postby GalMutzafy » 24 May 2014 13:50

First of all, I had a few lucid dreams myself, but I haven't gotten to the point that I'm 100 percent aware and could control my dreams.

However, for months I red so many things about lucid dreams and I think every lucid dreamer, a beginner or a senior lucid dreamer, it is important to read about this stuff.

So first of all, here's some great tips from the owner of this forum, Rebecca:

How can I change the scenery:

Making the dream scene morph in front of your eyes can sometimes difficult - mainly because you simply don't expect it to happen. This is typical of the results beginners complain about because they lack the anticipated control of the dreamworld.

If you are having problems with dream control (and I should stress that not everyone does have such issues) the best way to change things is to work WITH your subconscious dream logic. For instance, to change the scenery:

Locate a dream door (a door that stands inappropriately in the middle of any landscape) and step through to another world.

Pass through a mirror portal (a liquid-like mirror that leads to another dimension) and emerge in any scene you choose.

Change the channel on a TV, then jump into the screen and allow the image to become 3-dimensional around you.

Turn away from the scene, imagine a new and exciting location emerging behind you. When you turn back - lo and behold - it is there!

Spin around and imagine a new scene appearing when you stop spinning.

As you can see, there are many creative solutions to issues of dream control. The most important thing to remember is that your conscious expectation plays a major role. If you question your own ability to manifest new scenes, then your abilities will falter. But if you remain confidence and learn from your experiences, you'll soon find that absolutely anything is possible inside a conscious dream.

Great tips that can help if, good luck!
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 28 May 2014 07:14

Thanks, I appreciate the response. It was good to read those again. I remember reading them back when I first came on here. I've tried the spinning technique, and it hasn't worked for me yet. I need to look for doors. That one has actually happened before. Or tunnels.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 May 2014 08:32

Think of a dream as a wave and you are the surfer.

You get carried with it, or fall and tumble with it, but when lucid you RIDE it!

I don't change the dreamscape with success, nor do I try. I like to go along with it and see where it takes me. I can change little things here and there.

However it is possible to change the whole perceived enivronment. To do that, you have to dismiss all of the reality of the dream and create your own. Erase it like shaking an Etch-A-Sketch and draw your own picture. (Pictures are hard to draw on those things!) Especially when our subconscious minds are in control and want to draw their own.

Here's a few tips and a new way of looking at it:
Enter an new room with expectation, fall backward with eyes closed and then open them expecting what you want, or fly up in the air into what seems like 'outer space' and return back expecting your new dream scene. Whatever you do, there is one word in common with all of these: Expectation. Different than rational thinking, it is like a gut belief.

Bottom line, you aren't trying to manipulate objects in the dream, but want to create a whole new scenario. Before you can do that, you must erase the old one, and create a new one with the power of expectation. (easier said than done).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2014 11:23

it's so frustrating because my dreamscapes are boring as fuck. One time I went into outer space, and it looked like a 3rd grader's art project! All cardboard planets with labels on them against a black surface. How fucking boring is that?

lol yeah that is boring!

I think you may of got subconciously into a pattern, like a habit by now of creating boring dream settings for yourself so you will have to work harder to get yourself out of it.

The others did some good posts with good advice. yeah try doors. Where there any DCs in "toys are us" to ask to let you out? or was it so boring that you were in there alone? (that would fit with the fact your subconciousness is purposely creating these boring senarios to you).

If it is.. ask yourself why? Do you find your physical life boring? so hence your subconciousness is creating that too in your inner world? or once after having a couple of boring LDs have you had "my LDs are all boring" on your mind, that can be enough to create another boring LD.

Maybe time you are in a toy shop, I suggest to grab a baseball bat and smash the window and go out throu there (raid the cash register too). Cause havoc in your dream and see where that leads.

Try to control your mind and do not think thoughts like its boring when you are dreaming. You need to try to convince yourself that you can have an exciting dream.

Have you tried to set yourself free by acting strangely in the dream.. eg toys are us.. what would of happened if you started to smash up all their toys? ( I find when I breach my normal morals in lucid dreams, that can bring in DCs or others as our subconsciousness can like pointing out things it doesnt agree with). If you cant find a door, try something like this to see if that changes anything. If you are in a boring dream, the worst thing you can do is act normally, try acting crazy.

Also to change a dream.. you need to let go in your mind of the other.. let something else emerge your attention. Eg watching something on a dream TV can lead to being in another scene.

Another thing you could try is use your emotions to change a dream. The stronger the emotion, the more likely you will be able to change it eg shut your eyes and think of a past sexual encounter you have had and think of that other touching your skin. (thats a good way to bring in a DC).

or you could see if the fear factor helps change a dream (and then try to control things from there). Shut your eyes and think creepy things, emerse yourself in those thoughts, allow yourself to get scared in your dream. Once you feel a bit scared, open your eyes. Your environment probably will change (be prepared then to defeat or change again whatever you created).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

beadietux

Postby beadietux » 05 Jun 2014 03:52

Ha, I like the idea of causing havoc in my dreams...yeah, i tend to just walk around and wait for exciting things to happen. Kinda like real life, and I can't say my real life is boring because I'm too busy with real life responsibilities like kids to be bored, but mundane? Hell yes. Part of my problem still is that I forget what I can do...I know I can fly, I know I can do my reality checks, but I still get so overwhelmed that I forget the things I want to try. Or I will get an idea of what I want to do and be so focused on that and get frustrated that I get really exhausted and just want to sleep, so I purposefully end that. Isn't that funny? The lucid dreaming actually really exhausts me and there's a point where I've had enough. I've never heard anyone else say that before.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Jun 2014 06:26

beadietux wrote: The lucid dreaming actually really exhausts me and there's a point where I've had enough. I've never heard anyone else say that before.

I kind of understand that. I reached that point thou only when I was having too many LDs.. it was like my mind couldnt rest, it was tiring me out. I stopped LD for many years due to this (and have never got back to the point where Im having them spontnously all the time, lots of time a night).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”