Cannot turn sleep paralysis into LD anymore

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Eveleen

Cannot turn sleep paralysis into LD anymore

Postby Eveleen » 30 May 2014 09:19

Hi everyone,

I had sleep paralysis since I was a teenager but later I understood it and controlled it. Some months ago I could control it so well that when I went to sleep and had a sleep paralysis I could turn it into LD by swinging out or it or turning to the other side. I could feel how my limbs detach from my body and then my whole body. When I entered the LD I felt only very very little connection with my body, but I was in a completely different world, very vivid and beautiful. I would usually wake in my bedroom (and see my body and my boyfriend's; the bedroom was a bit different; also it felt very real, maybe it was an OBE, :?: I don't know exactly) and I had to walk out of it and out of the building in order to change the scenery. I was usually an observer because if I wanted to change something, then the dream became unstable. When I wanted to wake up I would just state my wish and wriggle my fingers and I was back in bed and awake.

Since I had to study and had little time to devote to this I stopped it, but now I am on vacation I started again. I have sleep paralysis with only stating my wish during the day of having lucid dreams. When I enter the sleep paralysis I can no longer get into a LD and lose connection with my body, I would free a limb or so, but I can no longer free my whole body. I tried every technique, but it's useless. I sometimes enter hypnologic states, or even dreams but they no longer feel like before, they are not vivid and clear anymore. I cannot sustain them, after some seconds I feel the vibrations and enter sleep paralysis again. I try over and over again until I get so frustrated that I stop the sleep paralysis and go to sleep normally. :(

Thank you very much for reading my post and if you can give me some advice I would be very grateful.

nesgirl

Re: Cannot turn sleep paralysis into LD anymore

Postby nesgirl » 30 May 2014 17:26

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:53, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Jun 2014 12:39

You could of been experiencing some OBE stuff while at the same time going into some dreaming. Your exit and vibrations when coming back sound like OBE.. do you find your body like aligns to your physical one when you come back into it? (I get an alignment sensation when I have an OBE and came back in).

I sometimes enter hypnologic states, or even dreams but they no longer feel like before, they are not vivid and clear anymore. I cannot sustain them, after some seconds I feel the vibrations and enter sleep paralysis again

Im thinking you may have more luck at OBE techniques. Maybe get yourself a book on the various techniques there and start working on some of those. LD is a bit different state thou the two things can combine (just like one can daydream during the day when fully awake).. but trying to LD when one is also trying to astral project is a quite confusing thing as one is letting go of the mind to start to allow dreaming (LD), while the other isnt doing that and if you dont want to be dreaming that is something one doesnt want happening. OBEs can create an more intense experience. (thou LD can be quite intense as well!!). Have you tried OBE techniques?

One OBE technique would be to focus on the vibrations when you get them.. focus on those and try to intensify them (this can result in you being thrown out of your body). Vibrations isnt really something LD people aim for but OBE people do as they can be great for raising energy and geting out of body. You can also try to roll out of your body once the vibrations get very strong.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 02 Jun 2014 18:32

taniaaust1 wrote:You could of been experiencing some OBE stuff while at the same time going into some dreaming. Your exit and vibrations when coming back sound like OBE.. do you find your body like aligns to your physical one when you come back into it? (I get an alignment sensation when I have an OBE and came back in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNEN10Z4pTc (ignore after 0:42)
NO WAY!!

I don't think so. Sorry to disappoint you. But I was consciously aware I was dreaming. And vibes happen often when I WILD in both ways, so that's no big deal. When I start my other WILD, I always take control of my Dream body, and my open my Lucid Dream eyes, either I will sit up and start flying in the very same environment, or I will just start flying, so yes, been doing that WILD for years, but trust me, it is still a WILD.
My Dream Signs are way too strong for that (invisibility, flight, young adulthood, pure dream body). And FYI, it is nothing but an unconscious clone. I don't care that the clone has my clothes, my current hairstyle, my eye shape, and my scars and that it tends to copy my previous sleep pose. It is still a clone, and it has NOTHING to do with me as it is only a form of Wake Induced Lucid Dream. As Bart Simpson would say, "Cloning is such a troubling issue."
As far as this user was concerned, it sounds way too much like a Lucid Dream. Anything can happen in one of those, even watching your sister sleep, and he could have easily been dreaming of doing that. I've done that in my WILDs before. Like back in high school when I got drowsy and put my head down (thanks to my sleep pill mix up, I used to get fast SP in high school when I did that), I used to take control of my dream body, open my dream eyes, get up out of my seat, and take flight and have a WILD of the teacher lecturing and writing on the board (yes I'd have a clone in those dreams too, but it's only a fun flying Lucid Dream), and when the teacher was almost through lecturing, I'd return to my seat in the WILD and wake up. Unfortunately if I told the teacher about the WILD, I'd get negative feedback from the teacher, and the kids would laugh at her.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jun 2014 08:05

nesgirl wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:You could of been experiencing some OBE stuff while at the same time going into some dreaming. Your exit and vibrations when coming back sound like OBE.. do you find your body like aligns to your physical one when you come back into it? (I get an alignment sensation when I have an OBE and came back in).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNEN10Z4pTc (ignore after 0:42)
NO WAY!!

I don't think so. Sorry to disappoint you. But I was consciously aware I was dreaming. And vibes happen often when I WILD in both ways, so that's no big deal. When I start my other WILD, I always take control of my Dream body, and my open my Lucid Dream eyes, either I will sit up and start flying in the very same environment, or I will just start flying, so yes, been doing that WILD for years, but trust me, it is still a WILD.
My Dream Signs are way too strong for that (invisibility, flight, young adulthood, pure dream body). And FYI, it is nothing but an unconscious clone.

You obviously missed a post I did to I think it was you on your thread. It is possible to be both dreaming and astral projected at the same time. Dreaming doesnt rule that out. Just like one can dayDREAM and let ones subconscious mind start randomly drifting and coming up with things when fully awake during the day... one can have random stuff coming in an OBE. (thou those are then contaminated by ones dream and a person cant then trust what they are experiencing is the astral of the real physical world).

The states depend on the persons mind state.

If a person isnt getting anywhere by LD techniques, some can find it quite helpful to switch to the OBE techniques, of cause there is some crossover with this but increasing the vibrations or doing other things with the energy, is a very common OBE technique.

Eveleen

Postby Eveleen » 10 Jun 2014 18:47

Hey, thank you both for your advice, you raise some interesting points there. I admit I do not have much knowledge about LD or OBE. I should investigate them more and in this way be able to understend and control them better.

I never tried any OBE techniques, maybe this is what I need since LD techniques are not quite functioning. I will do so, thanks for the tip. When I read your post taniaaust1 about increasing the vibrations, I realize that back then the vibrations were much more powerful, that powerful that they were nearly painful (like blowing up mi head) and they shot me like a sling right into the dream. This time I don't wait for the vibrations to become that strong, I am too impatient to get into the dream. The vibrations are not very confortable you see and I try to get the hell out of there asap. :D

Regarding the coming back, at some point during my dream, I drifted into normal sleep and wakeed up like usual, but sometimes, I also waked up on command, as I mentioned before and when I did that, I felt the alignment, like a click, like I became a whole again.

Sorry for my late reply :oops: I couldn't answer sooner.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Jun 2014 05:16

Eveleen wrote: The vibrations are not very confortable you see

Yeah, I certainly agree with that. I personally dont like that at all! Im far happier when I used to slide out smoothly, at least thou you do have something to work with and some can become quite masterful at intensifying them fast (to get out quicker).

I also waked up on command, as I mentioned before and when I did that, I felt the alignment, like a click, like I became a whole again.

Yeah I to get body going back into alignment thing with almost like a click into place if Ive been astral projecting.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”