The hugging/kissing challenge

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
emberfire012

The hugging/kissing challenge

Postby emberfire012 » 08 Jul 2014 18:53

I have a fun challenge that I'm going to try and do next time I become lucid, and just thought I'd share it in case anyone wants to try it.
Step 1: Become lucid. Duh.
Step 2: As soon as you have grounded yourself, tell the dream "I want a hug/kiss!" or something along those lines.
Step 3: Wait and see what happens. If nothing happens, say it again. If someone does come and hug or kiss you, make note of who it is in case it's significant to you later on, because who hugs or kisses you could be your subconcious telling you something.
Step 4: Have fun! :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

emberfire012

Re: The hugging/kissing challenge

Postby emberfire012 » 10 Jul 2014 14:27

Okay, so I tried the challenge last night and here are my results from my two attempts:
Attempt 1: I became lucid by DILD, after reality checking. The location was on a street near my home, outside a public bathroom that was on an extreme hill (and non existent in real life!) The storyline of the dream before I became lucid was that my school bus broke down in a rainstorm and disappeared into thin air, and the bus driver told the people on the bus to walk to school, and as we did, we stopped at the bathroom. As I mentioned before, it was on a steep hill, and I had to lower myself into the ladies' room, and when I came out, it was such a steep climb that I knew something was not right (along with the weather, which was now sunny instead of rainy), so I reality checked and became lucid. Remembering my dream intention, I shouted out to the dream, "I want a hug! I want a hug - NOW!" A few dream characters gave me strange looks, but no one gave me a hug.
Attenpt 2: After I woke up from the previous dream, I attempted a successful WILD back into the dream world, fully lucid, but this time, I was in a parking garage. After grounding myself, I noticed that all cars driving by had no doors, and the ones in the garage were all copies of my mom's car, and I decide to make note of that. After walking a little bit into the garage, I notice my little siblings playing in the garage. I then tell the dream the words I said in the previous dream, and my little brother replied, "No, you idiot." As he said that, my three little siblings were huddled together, staring at me as if I was doing this in real life. Ignoring them, I try again, but this time, I close my eyes. Suddenly, after saying the words, I feel two pinches on my sides, and I whirl around to see my brother laughing. "Haha! I trolled you!" he said in a very mocking, childish way. I then woke up.
I plan to try this next time I lucid dream, but hopefully, the dream characters are a little less fickle this time!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 11 Jul 2014 08:05

Nice work! If it was me I would employ the expectation principle. So as I said the words out loud I would expect someone to approach and hug me. Because if a slight part of you doubts the characters' positive reaction, then they will more likely stare at you or ignore you. It's a difficult thing to control your subconscious expectations sometimes, but you can push them in the desired direction with conscious effort.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 14 Jul 2014 10:47

Very interesting idea. Usually in a lucid dream if I want someone, I will just grab them and be forceful with them (usually collapsing the dream if I get too excited). Looking back I feel I did this because the forceful nature was a kind of confidence, and it sort of powered the dream and kept it stable.

But with this idea you are asking them to come to you. I like it, I think it would feel nicer if they came to you, some of my best dreams are when I am showered with affection.

Will try this out.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”