Does writing your dreams down later on in the day still help

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kman43759

Does writing your dreams down later on in the day still help

Postby Kman43759 » 18 Jul 2014 17:58

Ive wondered this for a while because most the time I dont remember my dreams till like a couple hours later on in the day. So I was thinking, if you remember a dream like 1-3 hours or more after you wake up, does it STILL help if you write it down?? I had this happen to me again today, I didnt remember my dream till 2 hours after getting up so I wrote it down anyway... So yeah, do you guys think that it still helps even if you write it later on in the day??

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

nesgirl

Re: Does writing your dreams down later on in the day still

Postby nesgirl » 18 Jul 2014 20:25

Kman43759 wrote:Ive wondered this for a while because most the time I dont remember my dreams till like a couple hours later on in the day. So I was thinking, if you remember a dream like 1-3 hours or more after you wake up, does it STILL help if you write it down?? I had this happen to me again today, I didnt remember my dream till 2 hours after getting up so I wrote it down anyway... So yeah, do you guys think that it still helps even if you write it later on in the day??

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Yes of course it does.

Sometimes I get a bit cautious of whether to even mention them when I have them or not due to having a history with them, and may not even mention them for days.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jul 2014 03:48

A dream journal is just a tool to help remember. Remembering in the first place is what is required. You can remember a dream without writing it down. Or sometimes I just jot down some notes on paper when I wake up before a WBTB, and again in the morning.

I'm too lazy sometimes to write down every single dream in a comprehensive journal sometimes.

So anyway, time of day doesn't matter, it's the fact that you remember at all that is important. Most people don't even do that!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Xtreme_Walrus

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 30 Jul 2014 04:23

Yes it will help your dream recall for sure. Sometimes the same thing happens to me. Something in real life will happen that will remind me of something that happened in a dream and I will remember it and write it down.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

QueenNoir

Postby QueenNoir » 18 Aug 2014 20:05

Writing down your dreams later in the day is fine! Just the fact that you are able to remember them counts! I usually just write my dreams down in my phone as soon as I wake up because I'm too tired and lazy to just grab a pen and paper lol. Sometimes I also will replay the dream in my head as detailed as possible a few times until I remember it and wait til when I'm fully awake to write them down.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”