First UNSUCCESSFUL WILD lucid dream experience

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Xtreme_Walrus

Re: First UNSUCCESSFUL WILD lucid dream experience

Postby Xtreme_Walrus » 30 Jul 2014 04:06

You are missing a HUGE part of the WILD technique, you have to perform a Wake Back To Bed in order for it to work properly. This means that you set an alarm for roughly six hours after you expect to fall asleep and then you stay up for about 15 minutes before attempting a WILD. You don't go straight into dream mode right when you fall asleep, you go through a few stages, so if you go into sleep paralysis right away, then you will just fall asleep, not go into the dream. That's where the Wake Back To Bed (WBTB) method comes in handy. If you sleep for six hours and wake up, once you fall back asleep you will be in dream mode.
"I woke up in between a memory and a dream" -Tom Petty

shams

Postby shams » 30 Jul 2014 05:25

I've tried the WBTB technique combined with WILD but I have trouble falling asleep. I usually fall sleep around 00:30 and wake at 07:00. But the problem is I have trouble falling back asleep.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

Karin

Postby Karin » 30 Jul 2014 13:01

How about setting your alarm clock at 3:00am or 4:00am? This time frame is ideal for me. It's not something to do every night of course because of the resulting sleep deprivation.

Actually, I have never used an alarm clock. I just wait for a natural event to wake me up (a noise, or a pain, or a need to go to the bathroom, etc...), and if it happens to be between 2:00am and 3:00am (I go to bed at around 11:00pm), I attempt a WILD.

I have to get up for a few minutes though, otherwise if I wake up and just stay in bed I usually fall right back asleep.

cheer_princess

Postby cheer_princess » 11 Aug 2014 21:40

I usually attempt WILDs right before going to sleep so I will have to try it with the WBTB method. But every time I try I lay down and relax for 10-15 minutes and then at a certain point I feel the need to move. I try to ignore it but I'm too impatient and uncomfortable and I start slightly freaking out so I move, reposition myself, and fall asleep. Does this happen to anyone else and do you know how to overcome it to have a successful WILD?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”