Is this a dream sign

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
LD43081

Is this a dream sign

Postby LD43081 » 13 Aug 2014 21:11

I've had a few dreams lately where memories of my past have been in direct conflict of what happens in waking reality. I was talking to someone about these and she insists they are dream signs. I'm not convinced since in the dream there's not really any way I can think of to see that these memories (if reasonably possible/probable) would trigger a reality check.

For example; a dream sign that are naked at work or a device that's not working are "clear" indicators in that you can use critical thought to reason your way into having these cause a reality check. My friend counters this with the idea of being someplace or with someone you've been at/with before and having them appear/behave different is the same as these "fake" memories and should trigger a reality check. I don't think of these being the same things, but...

torakrubik

Re: Is this a dream sign

Postby torakrubik » 13 Aug 2014 21:58

Fake memories are pretty common in dreams, so I wouldn't personally classify them as a dream sign. They aren't really unique to you and almost everyone experiences false memories at some point.
Dreaming is my drug

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 14 Aug 2014 05:59

Yeah it's too much of a general thing...
Dream dign supose to be something specific such as an object or an animal or a person.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 14 Aug 2014 10:59

Yes it is a dream sign. A DS is anything out of place. One should be asking in any non-WILD "How did I get here?". Triggerring ones real memory is part of awakening lucidity, false memories are inconsistent with reality and can shoot one out of mere awareness during a dream to lucidity. Of course i never have false memories in a dream, so they would be a hammer over the head for me DS :D I think the reason for not having them is that I'm detached or maybe semi-lucid even in normal dreams because I possess and leave dream characters even in normal dreams.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”