Short question

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Alien874

Short question

Postby Alien874 » 01 Sep 2014 01:08

I tried DEILD today in the morning, I remained still and did not open my eyes when I woke up. I then had the urge of swallowing some saliva and I did. After that I gave up because I found it very hard to visualize the new dreamscape. My question is if I must resist swallowing saliva, does it count as moving?
Look at your hands

Jackson

Re: Short question

Postby Jackson » 01 Sep 2014 01:57

Alien874 wrote:I tried DEILD today in the morning, I remained still and did not open my eyes when I woke up. I then had the urge of swallowing some saliva and I did. After that I gave up because I found it very hard to visualize the new dreamscape. My question is if I must resist swallowing saliva, does it count as moving?

Yes it does. I find that for DEILD if I am awake for more than 4-5 seconds it's over and if I move even the slightest bit it's the same deal. I'd say that from the moment you felt that urge, you were kind of past any kind of hope of making it into the dream lucid. That's just me though and you may be different.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Peter

Re: Short question

Postby Peter » 02 Sep 2014 01:27

No, if you need to swallow or scratch just do it and go back to where you were. The urge to resist is worse and in time you just get on with it and its not a big deal.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”