I am unable to lucid dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Blast169

I am unable to lucid dream

Postby Blast169 » 08 Sep 2014 01:02

I really am.

When im in sleep paralysis, im only dreaming about sleep paralysis, my mom isnt screaming on my bed
When I know im in a dream, im only dreaming about being in a dream
When I try to use wake up techniques, they never work, because im dreaming about doing it, abd they wont work
My dreams are never normal, their all over the place
Ive been knowing im in a dream since ive been 5 (im 14 now)
Even then I couldnt control anything
My dreams go by to fast
I can never wake up from a nightmare
If I face my fear in a nightmare, stuff just gets worse, nothing good happens

Everything I dream about is only me dreaming about a dream

Im not normal

Will I grow out of this...?

nesgirl

Re: I am unable to lucid dream

Postby nesgirl » 08 Sep 2014 01:35

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 05:44, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

taniaaust1

Re: I am unable to lucid dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Sep 2014 04:34

Blast169 wrote:I really am.

When im in sleep paralysis, im only dreaming about sleep paralysis, my mom isnt screaming on my bed
When I know im in a dream, im only dreaming about being in a dream
When I try to use wake up techniques, they never work, because im dreaming about doing it, abd they wont work

That does sound very frustrating.

My dreams are never normal, their all over the place

Well that is normal to have all over the place dreams, dreams often jump and do all kinds of things.

I can never wake up from a nightmare
If I face my fear in a nightmare, stuff just gets worse, nothing good happens

If you are only dreaming you are dreaming, it makes sense that with even facing a nightmare in your dream, it may not improve and that you cant wake yourself up from it. It really does help quite a lot to have waking consciousness coming into a dream.

Will I grow out of this...?

Im going to probably not as its not something one "grows out of" but rather a way of dreaming, a habit you need to change before you can get it to stop.

I suggest to try different LD techniques out. Ive found that different techniques affect how I dream differently eg with some techniques, I'll usually find myself deeper in a dream then others. eg WILD may be one to try as if you enter a dream without like going into a deep sleep state. You will probably find yourself in a dream a bit differently to how you usually are. One can enter into a WILD without loosing awareness.

To continue continuing on in the you are, is to keep finding yourself doing the same habits as its always done and hence experiencing the same thing.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”