For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Postby Alien874 » 13 Sep 2014 02:38

I do know that anything imaginable is possible in a lucid dream. However, if you get too exited you wake up, is that a limit? Can I get to feel adrenaline, excitement, happiness, surprised, very scared, etc. without not waking up? I don't have much experience with lucid dreams, Im having 1 or 2 each week and get more as Im learning this new skill.
Look at your hands

Re: Emotions

Postby PKJacker » 13 Sep 2014 03:22

I have been able to be frightened beyond any level I felt in waking life, while still retaining a perfect dream, so I assume you would be able to experience the other extremes as well.
Three steps from bliss.

Postby LucidityMaster » 13 Sep 2014 03:25

Excellent question, Alien874.

You can experience great exhilaration in a lucid dream without necessarily having a premature awakening.

For example, in one of my most memorable, highly controllable lucid dreams, I steal someone's car, and pretend I am James Bond. This was also one of my longest lucid dreams, despite the exhilaration.

Now, there is a point which I'll call the 'disruption point', when the dream begins to fade.

However, the disruption point is easily reversed by performing appropriate techniques.

The most notable technique recommended by Stephen LaBerge is dream spinning.

One less commonly mentioned technique, but perhaps the most powerful, is the dream chaining technique.

When you feel your dream is about to end, prepare to remain completely still with your eyes closed.

Alan Worsely says 'remain completely still upon awakening, don't move a muscle'.

You may then get a second opportunity to enter a lucid dream.

To summarize, you can experience excitement in a lucid dream, without necessarily waking up if you use the right techniques.

Now Alien, I forgot to congratulate you on your amazing progress. A lucid dream on the second night of the experiment! You show great lucid dreaming potential.

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Sep 2014 08:02

Yes one can feel great excitement etc in a LD and not drop out. It all depends on just how deeply a person is in a LD to start with, of cause if one isnt very deeply in a LD, its a lot easier to drop out due to things including emotions.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”